• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will contract rates increase to pass dividend tax increase to clients?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willapp View Post
    I feel the same. Everyone I know is in contract at the moment, and my current client (a very large company in the East of England) are struggling to find decent developers whether contract or perm and the rates they're offering are extremely competitive so I can only assume there is a genuine shortage of the skilled resource they're looking for.
    No its more likely that the agents that they are using, are pocketing the extra cash and then dredging the market for mugs on 300 a day. Its interesting how many agents do this. I needed some architects last year and had 700 a day to spend. the CV's were bloody awful in the end I pulled a few mates in and the agency was fuming because I set the rate over their heads.

Open Book my arse....

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
      No its more likely that the agents that they are using, are pocketing the extra cash and then dredging the market for mugs on 300 a day. Its interesting how many agents do this. I needed some architects last year and had 700 a day to spend. the CV's were bloody awful in the end I pulled a few mates in and the agency was fuming because I set the rate over their heads.

Open Book my arse....
      £300 a day isn't a bad rate for some!

Some of them actually didn't renew to go somewhere else so I imagine the rate was more than agreeable for them.

To flip the argument round, are some people proving themselves out of the market?

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post

Open Book my arse....
        I'm sure that does happen but it's not the case here. The client's internal agency are on a very small fixed margin and we're talking £400+pd rates, even the external agency they also use are advertising at £375+ which is a great rate for this part of the world IMO.

Comment

Working...
        X