• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is probably showing my naivety but...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha! Agencies are like car sales people. They promise you the world on a stick.

As soon as an unkonw number calls me and an agents introduces him self and then says, tell me about your previous roles. Sersiosly? I have to do this 10 times a day, sod off, you have my up to date CV with LinkedIN profile, with exactly what I did, plus my website that I update. Go and read it.

End of day you are the client for the agent, they shouldnt be wasting your (our) time. Most of the time they are generating leads for them selves.
    example.

A very nice lady called me and we talked about all the big boys she recruits for and that she has 2 or 3 positions (first red flag, 2 or 3?.. maybe but unlikley)
    She read my CV and appraised my skills (ok, this was a green flag, lets carry on)
    She told me about the alleged places she has (cool!)
    OK, before I can forward you, please send me ALL previous 5 places you worked for, names, telephone numbers for reference check (nuclear bomb explosion!)

No, I dont want my previous clients being bombarded with telephones and potentially the agent saying it was from me. We have enough spam. My references are on my CV, I have been owrking for atleast 5 years for 6, to 12 months terms, and can still afford to live, so that means I know what I am doing, or doing it correctly.

Serious Agent.
    Hello, I have a role with global company X and your CV is excellent fit. Can you do interview in 3 days over phone?
    Me: Yip!

3 Days later, quick phone interview, skill test over the phone.

5 days later. I am in office working

Thank you,
    good bye.

Comment

Working...
    X