• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone had a Harvey Nash contract IR35 reviewed lately?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone had a Harvey Nash contract IR35 reviewed lately?

As the title says, has anyone had to IR35 review a Harvey Nash contract lately? How'd it go?

Back in 2012. Had it reviewed by Bauer & Cottrell and there were a few things they wanted changing for IR35 if memory serves me right. There were also a few commercial clauses I didn't like which I added to the list of changes. Harvey Nash legal team deal with all changes - slow but we got to an agreed position in the end.

Comment

Just had my Harvey Nash contract reviewed by Bauer & Cottrell last week (29/05/2015) and it passed with zero issues..

Comment

I wish I could say the say the same for Opus, QDOS gave it a fail seems since the new reporting legislation came in they've misinterpreted it and added lots to the contract. I'd better give Harvey Nash a call and see if they have anything going
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
          I wish I could say the say the same for Opus, QDOS gave it a fail seems since the new reporting legislation came in they've misinterpreted it and added lots to the contract. I'd better give Harvey Nash a call and see if they have anything going
          Did you manage to speak to them? What was the response?

I had a contract through them last year and it passed Qdos' assesment without a fuss.

I may have another one lined up from them, so am curious if they have changed something.

Either ways, as soon as I mentioned to the agent that I will get the contract reviewed - he sounded unhappy and mentioned that their contracts cannot be changed under any circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by new2c View Post

Either ways, as soon as I mentioned to the agent that I will get the contract reviewed - he sounded unhappy and mentioned that their contracts cannot be changed under any circumstances.
            Never met an agent from a large recruitment firm who wouldn't change contracts especially if you can speak to the client.....
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I had a contract through them last year and it passed Qdos' assesment without a fuss.

I may have another one lined up from them, so am curious if they have changed something.

They introduced a new declaration since April which limits substitution and would more than likely put you in the firing line if you were ever investigated by HMRC. They're trying to pass it off as changes due to the new intermediaries reporting legislation which I've already disproved, I would tread very carefully.

The initial contract I had with them passed a QDOS review.
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Never met an agent from a large recruitment firm who wouldn't change contracts especially if you can speak to the client.....
                As always SE you're right on the money
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

That's a shame. I hate having to call the person I met at the interview to apologise for pulling out of a contract due to an issue with the agency...
                  Last edited by eek; 17 June 2015, 08:53.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    That's a shame. I hate having to call the person I met at the interview to apologise for pulling out of a contract due to an issue with the agency...
                    They have been a nightmare to deal with as well, I've had to speak to both the Director of Contracts dept and the COO and both still insisted I should sign as it'd protect me from HMRC
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X