• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Keep itching to get into Contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As people have already said, when talking about package £450 a day vs £70k then you would probably stay with the £70k. So it then depends on what you really want most from contracting, if it is liquid cash you want then you will have more each month on £450p.d but without any guarantees that it will continue and knowing that if you get sick or injured you won’t be getting paid. If it is to get out of your comfort zone and work in an environment where you know that you will get the boot if you don’t perform then go for it.

I agree with one of the previous posters though, each new contract is exciting for a week or two but then just becomes much the same as the last.

Comment

Originally posted by permidom View Post
      Skill set is standard. I'm a Windows C++ programmer first and second ASP.NET developer.
      I have a very similar skill set. I had to jack contracting in for family reasons but I might go back in a few years.

You seem to be in the grass in greener mode but you have an awesome position, I would (almost) kill for it! Your skills are extremely common in the contract world, unless you also have some good industry knowledge (banking. SC etc.) then you will struggle to get anywhere.

You might or might not get more money from contracting but please remember that a perm salary on 70k is 70k every year until you leave. Contracting is Xpd but only for each day you actually work. Holiday, sickness, bench time etc. will all reduce this but that 70k can be relied upon to come in every year.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
      X