• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Being Awkward

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    This is a joke right?

I'm assuming '1967' is your 'proposed' year of birth and you're being asked to explain '1 month' out of the last 5 years for some one who is '48' years old.
    Finance shops can be equally arsey - varies from place to place, but some want an explanation of any gap over 1 month.

Comment

Confused

Went through SC clearance a few years ago and had to explain all gaps in my working history. I provided a simple "didn't work" for all the periods in question and then my accountant provided a professional reference to confirm I'm legit. No problems, and as far as I can tell this is standard practise.

Where I get confused with this tale is why if the role was too stressful did you not stop working excessively long days, or take a 2 week holiday, or anything other than walking offsite? The client would have terminated your contract resulting in the same outcome with the difference that you are not in breach of contract.

Comment

OP - changing the subject a little. This 14-15 hour gig. How did that work then?

Fair play on you. I would refuse this one as well - thats just nuts.
        So how did they spin this? Was this 'normal' work i.e. they said they expected this or was it emergency stuff?

(I had an interview once where they said up front they expected 10 hours minimum per day from contractors to get their moneys worth - exact words. End of interview).

Must admit I have worked hours like this and longer but only when things have gone belly up. Normally 7.5/8 hours its out the door for me.

Be interested in how they spun this.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X