• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Computer Futures Job Ad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hence have stopped chasing or applying for roles advertised around these parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
      Happy to confirm that these are both real jobs, real clients, real line managers and real CV's submitted to those real locations. Our consultants generally work quite tight technical patches so it is not unusual to have similar technology jobs in different locations

LivingUpNorth, if you are considering relocating to the South West and need a contract I will put you in touch with our Bristol manager. Send me a PM if you need this.
      Ok many thanks for the reply. Why are all these adverts so badly written?

The c++ SQL advert in Newport could really do with a clean up. We don't know if it's a c++ or c# role. Both very different skill sets.
      Last edited by LivingUpNorth; 6 March 2015, 18:10.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordDave View Post
        Strangely I spoke to the pimp advertising those roles and after accepting my application let slip that the roles were never with computer futures and were with another agency but he was 'gathering cv's' for when the client dropped the other agency and decided to come to him.
        This is absolutely shocking. What a waste of everyone's time.

Comment

Originally posted by LivingUpNorth View Post
          This is absolutely shocking. What a waste of everyone's time.
          IIRC it also breaches the Conduct of Employment Agencies Regulations.

Don't bother reporting it to Vince Cable though he doesn't GAS about contractors, neither does REC nor APSCO.

Comment

Originally posted by LivingUpNorth View Post
            I saw another recently, can't find it now.

It appeared to be the same job advert advertised over multiple locations on the M4 corridor. Bath was one of them.
            Yes, there was a spate of them before Christmas - all had common content of the client requiring you to have worked in a specific location, and a delayed start date.

Computer Futures are currently looking for a .NET Developer to work for a client in Reading, however the contract will begin the end of January 2015.

The client requires someone who is used to staying local and lives not far from Reading. You must be or have recently been working in the Reading area as per the clients request.

Please send me an up to date CV if you wish to be considered for this role.

Regards
            Lee.
            Either Lee is very slack with his copy and paste in preparing ads for real jobs, or they're fake.

Comment

At least Lee exists - unlike previous example where they (a different agency) used a fake name so that when you called they could fob you off.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...9-fake-ad.html

Comment

I also received a contract job spec from one of his bulk emails for roles going at my current gig and I know for sure they are not able to submit anyone as its a closed shop with only capita and one other agency on the proffered supplier list.

Comment

Working...
                X