• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cardiff to Bristol Commute

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    Cardiff has an airport. Bristol has an airport.

YANCOTBAC.
    I could always get myself a glider and scoot through under the radar.
    Last edited by LivingUpNorth; 28 January 2015, 13:02.

Comment

Buy a boat...(on expenses of course)
      Blood in your poo

Comment

Or, taking the lead from other threads, buy three boats and sell them to your Ltd.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

or buy a houseboat & sleep during your commute

Comment

Originally posted by AMH View Post
            or buy a houseboat & sleep during your commute
            Rosie and Jim style. Love it. Charge the mooring fees as expenses.

Comment

Motorbike

Having lived in Bristol for the past 6 years, motorbike or bicycle is the only way to effectively travel through or around Brizzle however, given the Cardiff - Bristol traverse, Motorbike all the way or train then cycle.

Motorbike:

Pros: Low running costs, Low(er) bridge toll, Fast

Cons: Bridge is an absolute deathtrap on a bike when crossed in conjunction with rain, snow, lorries or even a light breeze.

Bicycle:

Pros: Fitness, Cost, Bristol is extremely cycle centric now that Mayor of red trousers has his way

Cons: Fitness, busses and van drivers will still run you over even if you are lit up like a baboons arse.

Comment

Originally posted by GrumpyContractor View Post
                Having lived in Bristol for the past 6 years, motorbike or bicycle is the only way to effectively travel through or around Brizzle however, given the Cardiff - Bristol traverse, Motorbike all the way or train then cycle.

Motorbike:

Pros: Low running costs, Low(er) bridge toll, Fast

Cons: Bridge is an absolute deathtrap on a bike when crossed in conjunction with rain, snow, lorries or even a light breeze.

Bicycle:

Pros: Fitness, Cost, Bristol is extremely cycle centric now that Mayor of red trousers has his way

Cons: Fitness, busses and van drivers will still run you over even if you are lit up like a baboons arse.
                Mayor of Red Trousers, lol. Cheers for the tips mate. Gave me a good giggle too.

Hey if I get a motorbike we could set up our own Motorbike Gang. Sons Of Anarchy style. I can picture the Harley's steaming over the Severn Bridge with Hendrix blaring now.

Comment

Working...
                X