• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Irish solution

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuke em....Sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Did you know that Ireland can effectively veto anything that the EU tries to put through by taking vote to its population?

Hmmm
      Yes. I'm Irish. I am familiar with our constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
        Nuke em....Sorted.
        That's the spirit Jacob. Would be great for the country's morale to have another war. The ration books, the Vera Lynn albums, the letters from the home office to tell you your relations are dead. That's what makes Britain great !
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          That's the spirit Jacob. Would be great for the country's morale to have another war. The ration books, the Vera Lynn albums, the letters from the home office to tell you your relations are dead. That's what makes Britain great !
          He's also too thick to work out the prevailing wind direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            He's also too thick to work out the prevailing wind direction.
            I'm too far North and East and who cares about the Southeast and home counties anyway.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              Yes. I'm Irish. I am familiar with our constitution.
              I also have Irish roots, and given that my grandmother was a Collins, and her family were from Cork, there is a very outside chance that I might be related to Michael Collins. I would dearly like Eire to rejoin the UK, or at least join the Commonwealth and perhaps have a parliamentary setup along the lines of the Scottish and Welsh Assemblies, with perhaps more powers. We could then drop the British and Irish title, and return to just calling the World's best rugby team "the Lions"!

Doesn't seem such a horrendous idea to me!

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                I also have Irish roots, and given that my grandmother was a Collins, and her family were from Cork, there is a very outside chance that I might be related to Michael Collins. I would dearly like Eire to rejoin the UK, or at least join the Commonwealth and perhaps have a parliamentary setup along the lines of the Scottish and Welsh Assemblies, with perhaps more powers. We could then drop the British and Irish title, and return to just calling the World's best rugby team "the Lions"!

Doesn't seem such a horrendous idea to me!
                I dearly hope we're not related then. My mother-in-law is a Collins.

Comment

well, if it's your mother-in-law who is a Collins, it would be your children that were related. However, it's pure fantasy. Having said that, given that the population of the British Isles in the early part of the 19th century was apparently less that 10 million, if you go back far enough, then there might be a link for all members of the Collins name.

The Camerons and Boris claim to be descended from British Royalty, while Tom Hanks is clearly related to Abraham Lincoln.

Wasn't there some claim that all those who could trace their ancestors to having been in the British Isles in 1066, that they would all be related?

Others with the name Swayne claim links to King Sweyn, of Swansea fame.

Comment

Is she a sockie from Bridgwater?

Comment

Working...
                    X