• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£135 Billion!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At what exchange rates, parity with USD?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      this would devastate manufacturing and farming in this country irreparably.
      Thats what was said about Thatcher in 1980.

Comment

Viewpoint from a brexit 'no deal' supporter:

'What don't you like about free trade, Mrs May?'

Saw the above in my local Wetherspoons at the weekend. Popped in for a pint to see what crimbo ales they had on, the poncy bars can stick their £4/pint (and upwards) where their 'artisan' burgers are made.

Tim Martin – ‘Wetherspoon food costs will go down if we opt for unilateral free trade’ - J D Wetherspoon

Wetherspoon has looked carefully at WTO rules, and at the countries of origin of the products we sell. We calculate that our own cost prices will reduce by 1.5 pence per pint or meal sold, on average, if the UK opts for unilateral free trade.
        1.5 pence! To be fair their pubs are always rammed so they must get through thousands of meals a day per pub.

So all this leaves me wondering what is really project fear, self-interest based opinion, or real likely tulip that will go down if UK dares just walk away from the EU.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
          Thats what was said about Thatcher in 1980.
          This is what Minford, the Brexiteer “economist”, is saying himself. His “savings” are predicated on the U.K. unilaterally setting tariffs to 0 and killing off any local industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            Viewpoint from a brexit 'no deal' supporter:

'What don't you like about free trade, Mrs May?'

Saw the above in my local Wetherspoons at the weekend. Popped in for a pint to see what crimbo ales they had on, the poncy bars can stick their £4/pint (and upwards) where their 'artisan' burgers are made.

Tim Martin – ‘Wetherspoon food costs will go down if we opt for unilateral free trade’ - J D Wetherspoon

1.5 pence! To be fair their pubs are always rammed so they must get through thousands of meals a day per pub.

So all this leaves me wondering what is really project fear, self-interest based opinion, or real likely tulip that will go down if UK dares just walk away from the EU.
            Wetherspoons boss warns prices may rise AGAIN this year

‘Food price rises are a myth’ says Tim Martin as he announces price hike | Latest Brexit news and top stories - The New European

Access Denied

So basically raise your prices throughout the year, then after Brexit drop them and say that the drop is due to Brexit. The customer won't remember that prices have been raised throughout the year, much like shops do with sales
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
            X