• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daiwa, bye bye UK, hello Frankfurt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I imagine good old Vlad may come knocking with some money (and guns and tanks)
    What makes you think he's going to knock?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Yeah, and if they collapse OUTSIDE OF EU, then who'll bail them out?
    I imagine good old Vlad may come knocking with some money (and guns and tanks)

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Of course, all this assumes that the EU stays together, despite the number of countries in the EU on the financial brink or disenchanted with it.
    Portugal, France, Spain, Cyprus, Italy, Greece, Poland all in danger of collapse or calling it a day.
    Yeah, and if they collapse OUTSIDE OF EU, then who'll bail them out?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You should consider Lisbon, it has a good startup scene (hence the requisite talent), excellent tax concessions for business, nice weather (hurricane yesterday notwthstanding) and people, low cost of living.
    Just got the keys to our flat there, close to the Foreign Ministry and with a view to the Tagus. Currently arranging utilities etc which is difficult at a distance.
    If you want to borrow it to assess the situation (it will probably be ready from next year) let me know. Seriously.
    Good job you ain't living on the streets!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Just got the keys to our flat there, close to the Foreign Ministry and with a view to the Tagus. Currently arranging utilities etc which is difficult at a distance.
    If you want to borrow it to assess the situation (it will probably be ready from next year) let me know. Seriously.
    If it's not above a kebab shop, he won't be interested...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Portugal, France, Spain, Cyprus, Italy, Greece, Poland all in danger of collapse or calling it a day.
    Only in your fevered imagination.
    Of those countries you mention, only Greece has a lower rate of growth than the UK post 2016

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Yes, they are behind, so they've got room to grow, ambition and political will of the EU to make it happen.

London will probably go back to where it was in the 70s, with some luck it won't be 1670.
    Of course, all this assumes that the EU stays together, despite the number of countries in the EU on the financial brink or disenchanted with it.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Can he have the keys to the (mythical)Hyabusa?

After all to a meeelionaire like yourself it wouldn't matter if the gormless tit crashed it, would it?

On a serious note, couldn't you have PM'd the offer to him?
    Sorry just showing orf.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    You should consider Lisbon, it has a good startup scene (hence the requisite talent), excellent tax concessions for business, nice weather (hurricane yesterday notwthstanding) and people, low cost of living.
    Can he have the keys to the (mythical)Hyabusa?

After all to a meeelionaire like yourself it wouldn't matter if the gormless tit crashed it, would it?

On a serious note, couldn't you have PM'd the offer to him?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    When I deem it necessary - I can move in one day with a laptop and buy everything I need on location

Leave a comment:

Working...
X