• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Important news about *.eu

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Talk about thick as mince.
    Indeed you are:

".eu is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the European Union (EU).[1] Launched on 7 December 2005, the domain is available for any person, company or organization based in the European Economic Area (the EU member states, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway)."

Doh!
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      You and you fellow Brexiters are like the spoilt children. You've left, it was your choice, you voted to leave, Britain is now a "third country" as far as the EU is concerned.
      Why on earth would you want to use the EU. domain in those circumstances, when you're not EU?
      My 8 year old is more logical than you.
      No right you miss the point - there is absolutely no value on keeping or not keeping the ability to use the .eu domain.

And yet the EU have decided there is and there is therefore a reason to spend tax payers money 'stopping' people using it.

It's the petty pointlessness and desire to build an industry around and charge the taxpayer which is frustrating.

Comment

Important news about *.eu

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Talk about thick as mince.

Last time I looked the UK was still a part of Europe...
        Unfortunately, being part of Europe (in the general sense) is not one of the requirements.

https://eurid.eu/en/other-infomation...-register-a-eu

Who can register a .eu or .ею domain name?
        Any natural person, company or organisation residing in or established in the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway can register a .eu or .ею (Cyrillic script) domain name.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          No right you miss the point - there is absolutely no value on keeping or not keeping the ability to use the .eu domain.

And yet the EU have decided there is and there is therefore a reason to spend tax payers money 'stopping' people using it.

It's the petty pointlessness and desire to build an industry around and charge the taxpayer which is frustrating.
          FFS read my previous email.

I have this image of Brexiters gurning and drooling every time they type their shite. And I bet I'm not far wrong.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

FFS read my previous email.

I have this image of Brexiters gurning and drooling every time they type their shite. And I bet I'm not far wrong.
            Ok sorry to put in blunt language for you

Pedantic jobsworths fawning over pointless things which have no value but which give them a small thrill at having a little bit of pointless power simply adds cost but no value.

It is not about whether I have an eu domain, whether I want an eu domain whether brexit will stop me being able to have an eu domain - it is simply that nobody cares who has an eu domain so stop making it an issue and spending the tax payers money on it.

Comment

Pedantic jobsworths fawning over pointless things which have no value but which give them a small thrill at having a little bit of pointless power simply adds cost but no value.

It is not about whether I have an eu domain, whether I want an eu domain whether brexit will stop me being able to have an eu domain - it is simply that nobody cares who has an eu domain so stop making it an issue and spending the tax payers money on it.
              When you left your last contract did you get to keep your work e-mail address?
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                When you left your last contract did you get to keep your work e-mail address?
                Do people have to pay for work email addresses, with their personal money?
                Originally posted by Old Greg
                I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

it's a good job it's called the www not the euww i guess then....

Comment

So do you support French companies being allowed to use the "co.uk" domain* ?

*Not that they'd want to after Brexit, why have a domain that suggests your market is 65 million when you can have one that suggests it's 400+ million?
                    Last edited by sasguru; 15 August 2018, 11:57.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

So do you support French companies being allowed to use the "co.uk" domain* ?

*Not that they'd want to after Brexit, why have a domain that suggests your market is 65 million when you can have one that suggests it's 400+ million?
                      How come Norway are permitted to use the .eu domain?
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X