• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leave campaign broke the law (several times)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    According to a thread here (based on the Daily Mail), David Cameron gave Obama a script of lies to read out about Britain not getting preferential treatment by the US.

The headlines of the story did not match the detail and were presented in such a way that only those who can read headlines would get their blood pressure up.

Therefore, if you just read the headline, Obama lied because Cameron told him to.
    Whatever happened, I don't see what law was broken.

Comment

Brexit cancelled by Friday. Overspending, lies, fraud, you can't call this democracy.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Whatever happened, I don't see what law was broken.

Government are Liable.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Government are Liable.
          Did you just pick some random words there, or do they have some significance to the discussion?

Comment

Did you just pick some random words there, or do they have some significance to the discussion?
            What are the choices again?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              What are the choices again?
              There aren't any. It was a rhetorical question.

Comment

There aren't any. It was a rhetorical question.
                and a false dichotomy to boot too
                Originally posted by Old Greg
                I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  Not only did they make false claims, they also broke the law on at least 4 counts.
                  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44704561

And then there's the support by foreign governments, Russia in particular

I wonder why the referendum outcome is still seen as valid
                  But the millions spent by Cameron on that crappy project fear leaflet weren't included in the spending figures, so the Remain side didn't break any rules. Isn't it about time you had a lie down...?
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    Not only did they make false claims, they also broke the law on at least 4 counts.
                    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44704561

And then there's the support by foreign governments, Russia in particular

I wonder why the referendum outcome is still seen as valid
                    Which bit mentions Russia?
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X