• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS to get additional funding from Brexit dividend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    NHSSC needs closing down, or at least changing from being a profit centre to a supply chain.
    PFI was a joke when Major introduced it, an excuse to line the pockets of Tory donors, and continues to be a joke the more it was used by Bliar, etc.

Nurses need to be trained to make beds, change drips, take temperatures, talk to patients, make sure they are eating and drinking and performing normal bodily functions, etc.
    There's too many layers of people on the wards that mean patients are not getting looked after as well by people who should be trained in how to nurse them.
    Nurses are trained to do all these things.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Nurses are trained to do all these things.
      I thought that there were auxiliary nurses who did the majority of the grunt work, then there were normal nurses who did the more medical work?
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        I thought that there were auxiliary nurses who did the majority of the grunt work, then there were normal nurses who did the more medical work?
        In some care settings healthcare assistants do some of this work and nurses focus more on higher skilled tasks. But nurses are trained to do all basic and core care tasks.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Out of date perhaps. However my views are those of my other hawfwho was a head of a pathology department at a major hospital for 20 years and has has more than adequate knowledge of her line management. And the total chaos that drives both hiring and procurement
          That's without the ridiculous cost that outsourced facilities management gives them.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Nothing to see here except preparing the ground work for accepting freedom of movement.
            Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              I’d kindly ask you to quote anything I’ve said where I think money for the NHS is a bad thing. You may have been intending to reply to Malvolio.

I don’t know enough about NHS management or funding to have an opinion on whether it’s good or bad. I do have an opinion on whether I think it’s okay for our politicians to lie to us, though.

Wouldn’t you prefer to investigate whether there are lies and untruths, or would you prefer to just be spoon fed what to think?
              Just say it after me.

"It's great that the NHS gets some more money - potentially this could be related to the 350 million per week we are saving from not being in the EU"

No if's, no buts, no well we were lied to in another way, no well it's not the outcome I wanted so it is not great.

Just say the facts as they are.

Comment

Looks like the "dividend" will cost the average UK household £1000 per year

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44511829

Comment

Quiet now! No facts allowed in here.

La lal la la la I'm not listening to you.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    Remainers this morning.

No Brexit = Soft Brexit = Anti NHS Funding Dividend

Some members of The 'Anti NHS Funding Dividend' (aka 'Principles Before Healthcare') gang ...

Dominic Grieve, Conservative MP, Anti NHS funding dividend

Anna Soubry, Conservative MP, Anti NHS funding dividend

David Lammy, Labour MP, Anti NHS funding dividend

John McDonnell, Labour MP, Anti NHS Funding dividend

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Just say it after me.

"It's great that the NHS gets some more money "
                      Is it really? Or would it be better to have a health system that wasn't one of the worst in Europe for cancer care?
                      But the stupids need to be placated so money will be diverted from other areas just so the claim of extra money can be made.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X