• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whole world says brexit is bad for UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    So you are happy to live under tyranny as long as your pumpkin spiced latte is 30 p cheaper?

How much is it to buy you, whore?
    The EU is not a tyranny, you cockwomble.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      Then you simply don’t understand how it all works.

Ireland voted against, the treaties were changed, they voted again because the treaties were now acceptable. That’s how democracy should work. Ireland got a referendum vote because this is what their constitution states.

The UK general public didn’t get a vote because, unlike Ireland, there is no constitution that requires it. You have voted in your representative to make decisions on your behalf. If you don’t like those decisions you can vote them out, and if enough people really don’t like those decisions then the government may change their mind early enough in advance to prevent losing MPs at the next election.

Democracy is not a one-time activity, why on earth would you think that a single decision needs to last for a generation?
      This is an interesting read on Ireland and Denmark voting no then yes. It looks at the methods and approaches used the second time round.

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/europpblog/20...n-eu-treaties/

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        The EU is not a tyranny, you cockwomble.
        The EU is a group of nations with their own self interests being cajoled and manipulated into accepting decisions made by Germany and to a lesser extent France. It's not a democracy.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          The EU is a group of nations with their own self interests being cajoled and manipulated into accepting decisions made by Germany and to a lesser extent France. It's not a democracy.
          I said it is not a tyranny. If any nation does not like it, it can leave by a single act of parliament and without recourse to Article 50. That is not a feature of a tyranny.

Comment

I said it is not a tyranny. If any nation does not like it, it can leave by a single act of parliament and without recourse to Article 50. That is not a feature of a tyranny.
            I am not sure the people of Greece would agree.

Comment

Well I guess if you live in Greece you could say it's a cruel form of rule. Guess, if you are one of the millions in Spain unemployed and not able to afford sun-cream, then you would say its a cruel form of government. I could go on, and usually do.

Comment

Whole world says brexit is bad for UK

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                This is an interesting read on Ireland and Denmark voting no then yes. It looks at the methods and approaches used the second time round.

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/europpblog/20...n-eu-treaties/
                Interesting, but I bet we’re reading it from two different angles. How much, I wonder, are you reading:

In addition to the arguments on the guarantees, the Yes side emphasised the consequences of a second No vote such as potential exclusion from the EU and economic costs
                And ignoring:

With the Edinburgh Agreement, Denmark would have four opt-outs in the fields of European citizenship, economic and monetary union, defence policy, and justice and home affairs. Ireland, on the other hand, gained guarantees concerning its military neutrality with the Seville Declaration after the Nice referendum, and on the Irish commissioner, competency over tax rates, abortion, neutrality, and workers’ rights after the Lisbon referendum.
                In all three cases, the two countries secured significant changes and opt-outs before voting Yes. It would have been a better paper if the author had discussed whether it was the Opt-outs or the fear factor that had a greater influence in the revised vote.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I am not sure the people of Greece would agree.
                  All Greece's issues were self inflicted, they started borrowing like crazy for all sorts of infrastructure projects, after they joined the Euro not being used to such low interest rates. Now they complain about Germany lending them money to help them survive, how can that be logical?
                  And yes they should never been allowed to join the Euro, but Goldman Sachs faked a few documents so if anyone is to blame it's them.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    All Greece's issues were self inflicted, they started borrowing like crazy for all sorts of infrastructure projects, after they joined the Euro not being used to such low interest rates. Now they complain about Germany lending them money to help them survive, how can that be logical?
                    And yes they should never been allowed to join the Euro, but Goldman Sachs faked a few documents so if anyone is to blame it's them.
                    When Greece(and Ireland come to that) needed higher interest rates, they got lower interest rates as it suited Germany.

Germany benefits from artificially lower Euro - that Greece lives in poverty is fine with them.

If Germany was not full of goose-stepping tyrannical Nazis, they would have a Merkel plan. Like the Marshall plan. Then Greece would spend 65% of its income. At the moment it is weighed down with interest payments.

I expect to be carried off to the gas chamber shortly. Dissenters must be eradicated. I would rather be ruled by the Daleks than Germany(which is what the EU is).

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                      I've been over this a thousand times read up on it. Goldman Sachs, faked a few docs, yep that's right, that's it. Everyone knew Greece could not pay its debt, everyone. Read up on how it was the debt crisis in Greece was handled, mainly be Germany and the IMF. Then tell me how benign the EU is.

Comment

Working...
                      X