• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory Brexit No Deal DOOM™: Labour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    And of course there are no reasons why Brexit would be good.
    It's good for anyone who shorted GBP at the right moment.

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
      "completely free market"

its a free trade zone between 27 member nations, the market outside those is subject to taxes and tariffs, so not a completely free market
      Well obviously I'm talking about the relationship with our closest and largest trading partner.
      External trade deals as touted by Brexiters are mostly hot air.
      Because our economy is 80% services and location matters.
      The only other external trading partner that *might* compensate is the US, and we know that's going to be completely one-sided.
      Which is why I keep saying we're going to be the de facto 51st vassal state of the US, without the rights of the other 50.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        ....I started a month or so ago which was about ignoring the financial side of things why is brexit going to be negative.
        I asked if you thought, as a public sector worker, money grew on trees?
        But I get your point.
        It may be better to live in 2nd world squalor than allow free movement.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Well obviously I'm talking about the relationship with our closest and largest trading partner.
          External trade deals as touted by Brexiters are mostly hot air.
          Because our economy is 80% services and location matters.
          The only other external trading partner that *might* compensate is the US, and we know that's going to be completely one-sided.
          Which is why I keep saying we're going to be the de facto 51st vassal state of the US, without the rights of the other 50.
          I'd argue that divorce from the EU gives us the opportunity not to just have one or two new BFF's be they US or China etc but to have lots of f*** buddies with whom we can have a mutually beneficial relationships

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
            I'd argue that divorce from the EU gives us the opportunity not to just have one or two new BFF's be they US or China etc but to have lots of f*** buddies with whom we can have a mutually beneficial relationships
            And what do you propose we trade with these countries?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Unicorns.

Comment

I asked if you thought, as a public sector worker, money grew on trees?
                But I get your point.
                It may be better to live in 2nd world squalor than allow free movement.
                As I am not a public sector worker then I probably did not answer the question.

Strangely enough if money is made of paper then there is definitely a correlation between money and trees.....

And as for 1st, 2nd or 3rd world countries - thats a bit ootdated now.

First, Second, and Third World - Nations Online Project

E.g the world has moved on --- it has changed -- it will continue to change.

Can you change and keep up?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  So you think that Outcome A 'no deal' and Outcome B 'deal' both have a one in two probability because there are no other facts to tell us differently.

You presumably also think that Outcome A 'no deal', Outcome B 'deal with UK in customs union' and Outcome C 'deal with UK not in customs union' all have a one in three probability because there are no other facts to tell us differently.
                  Come on, oPM. You can do it!

Comment

• A Thursday night with nlady (offpeak*)
                    • Excel 101 with sas & scootie
                    • Remainer tears

*Every night with nlady is offpeak

Comment

there are still lots of things this country does very well, high end engineering, technology, pharma etc

brexit gives us the opportunity to target our workforce and businesses towards these USP's, make the most of whatever competitive advantage we have and build on it.

obviously this isn't going to happen on brexit day +1 but I've always seem it as a 100+ year decision, if the government can get it's act together and adopt the right principles and approach we could probably create an economy that is attractive to businesses and innovation

Britain still commands a fair reputation around the world when it comes to commerce and producing quality products & services play it right and there are opportunities that can be exploited that are much more difficult inside the EU

Comment

Working...
                      X