• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

May's big speech (in Florence cause UK is not suitable or something)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    You should have seen the last bill for tackling the Germans.
    Or just the ERM exit in 1992. The EU is an economic fckup of grand proportions.

Edit here ... Just in case you where too young ...

16% base rate for a day before the rate dropped to 10%, phew what a relief for us Mortgage payers. A massive recession followed, not like this weak and wimpy slowdown the UK has experienced since 2008. People handed their keys back as they found themselves unemployed with mortgages more than the value of their houses. The UK experienced unemployment only matched by France now, mind you this was still half the rate that Spain and Greece have experienced.
    Last edited by Stevie Wonder Boy; 22 September 2017, 09:18.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Tim Martin did a piece on 'This Week' on BBC last night. He sounded fairly deluded.

Does he not realise that his own firm hires LOTS of EU migrants? He seemed hell bent on WTO rules. For all his going on about democracy, at least the EU has a thin veil of democracy. Can't remember the last time I was able to vote for a Member of the WTO Parliament.

A lot of the old farts (Question Time was rife with them last night) have this whole "I voted to leave without paying any money" mentality, they just want out. They think tariffs are a couple of percent here and there, who cares. Yet the EU tariff on imports of lamb is 40%.

This man:
      https://twitter.com/Geo_tweety/statu...92240859860992
      (the man in the photo)
      What an utter utter tosspot. Anyone who watched QT last night will have wanted to destroy the telly whilst listening to his bollocks talk out loud.
      Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
        Anyone who watched QT last night will have wanted to destroy the telly...
        Only last night?

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
          Tim Martin did a piece on 'This Week' on BBC last night. He sounded fairly deluded.
          Given that he's managed to create 'Spoons and all I do is drink in it, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Quote of the day from the comments

"I’m sorry to have to bring to your attention.Europe export to Britain 60% more than Britain exports to Europe . Europe will be paying the tax. Recent visit to Germany left me with this thought on speaking about brexit a woman said to me good the British will stay on their little island.my reply was if British people had stayed on their little island 72 years ago you would still be readingmine manor. And the French would still be goose stepping ."

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Quote of the day from the comments

"I’m sorry to have to bring to your attention.Europe export to Britain 60% more than Britain exports to Europe . Europe will be paying the tax. Recent visit to Germany left me with this thought on speaking about brexit a woman said to me good the British will stay on their little island.my reply was if British people had stayed on their little island 72 years ago you would still be readingmine manor. And the French would still be goose stepping ."
              At least the Germans realize its a small island. The rest of the world needs to wake up.

If we are to end up like HK, can it be confined to Surrey where the sight of an outsider on a bike sends them rabid.

Comment

Working...
              X