• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who else is impressed with how the UK economy forges forward unto Brexit?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    whether the UK industry will shrink
    According to the leader of "Economists for Brexit", Patrick Minford, it will shrink to zero.
    But he thinks that's a good thing because as he says we can all put on suits and do marketing instead.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      There are a few. RR and BAe to name the biggest ones.
      Not enough to keep a country of 60 million odd souls in the manner to which they have become accustomed though,
      Its going to shrink back to 56 million. Hopefully.

Comment

There are a few. RR and BAe to name the biggest ones.
        Not enough to keep a country of 60 million odd souls in the manner to which they have become accustomed though,
        Maybe finally they'll start building Range Rovers for everybody!!!

Before deciding on another Merc I've checked out Range Rover Sports - ffs, overpriced big time!

Comment

According to the leader of "Economists for Brexit", Patrick Minford, it will shrink to zero.
          But he thinks that's a good thing because as he says we can all put on suits and do marketing instead.
          Was it Shakespeare who said "first let us kill all economists" in Henry 5th part 2?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Maybe finally they'll start building Range Rovers for everybody!!!

Before deciding on another Merc I've checked out Range Rover Sports - ffs, overpriced big time!
            I worked for a company that looked after their after sales data. JLR take after sales very seriously.

However people seem to pay alot for the brand. Personally I hate anyone who owns one.

A few years ago during water rationing there was a chap down our street with a Disco. He was using a hose on the car, complete with power washer.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              A few years ago during water rationing there was a chap down our street with a Disco. He was using a hose on the car, complete with power washer.

and you don't have your own water source oder ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                and you don't have your own water source oder ?

Milan.
                Not in Sarf London. It was nowhere near the Peckham spring.

Comment

I've got not one Rodders, but two, drilled wells on the laaaaaaaaaaand at Chateau Benes

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I worked for a company that looked after their after sales data. JLR take after sales very seriously.

However people seem to pay alot for the brand. Personally I hate anyone who owns one.

Possibly too many sad memories

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Geordies will still be as cheap as stotties

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      The UK is a net exporter of cars and components to the EU, after Brexit it will become a much smaller industry serving the UK.
                      I dunno.

Nissan in Sunderland is the most efficient plant in their empire. I can't believe Renault are going to throw that away just because of a couple of percents of tariff and a bit of extra customs paperwork.
                      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X