• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dear EU,

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
    ... it may be easier to simply buy Japanese... .
    Dim will be pleased.
    Instead of his 10 year old Beemer with tatty alloys, he can get a 6 year old Nissan with tatty alloys.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      I so want us to "just leave"
      The resulting chaos in the UK will be good for the soul. And the education of the masses.
      And for a small minority of us, the pocket.
      I so want you to "just leave" CUK.

The UK has punched well above its weight for a very long time. If we can get rid of a few twunts like you we will be fine.

Comment

Dim will be pleased.
        Instead of his 10 year old Beemer with tatty alloys, he can get a 6 year old Nissan with tatty alloys.
        He bought an Aygo, a bit like yours. Though his is made of gold.

Comment

I'm sure we'll be fine. We survived quite well before the EEC. Don't see any reason why we cannot do this again.
          We didn't though. That's why we tried for years to join the EEC. Britains GDP was declining relative to EUrope's from the end of the 2nd world war to the 70s.

Britain’s EU membership: New insight from economic history | VOX, CEPR’s Policy Portal

" In 1950, UK’s per capita GDP was almost a third larger than the EU6 average; in 1973, it was about 10% below; it has been comparatively stable ever since. On this basis, joining the EU worked – it helped to halt Britain’s relative economic decline vis-à-vis the EU6. "
          Last edited by sasguru; 29 March 2017, 10:55.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'm sure the Brexiteers will be happy with the increased flow of Commonwealth muslim immigrants and investments from Arab totalitarian states such as Qatar announced yesterday
            I'm sure the UKIP voting inhabitants of derelict coastal towns will be feeling great, they still don't have a job after Brexit and those who have will see their jobs and employee rights disappear, but they have freedom now, whatever that means
            I'm sure the NHS will now receive £350M per week more
            I'm sure farmers who voted to leave will be excited to see how all their subsidies are disappearing and consumers don't mind to pay almost double for their milk, meat and veggies because they are now free

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

The UK has borrowed loads to live well above its ability for a very long time, because it's wurf it, innit bruv
              FTFY.
              How large is the UK’s national debt, and why does it matter?

The above article was written pre-Brexit, post Brexit the debt burden will grow.
              Last edited by sasguru; 29 March 2017, 10:57.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

We didn't though. That's why we tried for years to join the EEC. Britains GDP was declining relative to EUrope's from the end of the 2nd world war to the 70s.

Britain’s EU membership: New insight from economic history | VOX, CEPR’s Policy Portal
                Still - red, white and blue Brexit, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Ok so do individual countries in the EU want to continue to trade with the UK in a mutually beneficial way? Yes

Does the EU want their members to do trade with the UK in a mutually beneficial way? well it appears the answer is no.

Now does that distill one of the challenges to a level which makes it clear?
                  I think that's what we used to call a conumdrum.

And I think you have pretty much hit what is the main problem. The EU is "run" by an unelected group who cannot be removed by the will of the people. Whichever way you look at it, that's a dictatorship.

That's why I voted leave. I believe in democracy and the use of a Parliament to act for the best wishes of the public. The EU doesn't.

Comment

And I think you have pretty much hit what is the main problem. The EU is "run" by an unelected group who cannot be removed by the will of the people. Whichever way you look at it, that's a dictatorship.

That's why I voted leave. I believe in democracy and the use of a Parliament to act for the best wishes of the public. The EU doesn't.
                    Not quite true:

Is the EU really run by unelected bureaucrats? : Democratic Audit UK
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Isn't it a funny kind of dictatorship where member states have to apply to join, but can leave at any point according to their own democratic mechanisms? Could you talk us through that?

Comment

Working...
                      X