• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Limited company registered address - Accountant's address?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    I'm using my home address as well, problem is when I google myself all details are there, name, company name, annual returns etc. My neighbors and potential scammers/kidnappers/ex-es now know exactly how much money I make.
    If I had to register again I would probably use the accountants address.
    They shouldn't...unless your Co is WAY bigger than a typical contractor Ltd Co. Normally abbreviated accounts would be filed, which don't include a profit and loss, so general public shouldn't be able to find out what your turnover/profit was.

The information that's available also won't change regardless of whether you use your home address or an accountant's address. I guess if someone Googles your address then they might find the company they wouldn't otherwise know about...but they'd probably be able to do that from your name as director anyway.

Comment

Working...
    X