• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salary for 2014/15

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    That would probably exempt a large proportion of the "small businesses" the measure is supposed to be aimed at helping in the first place.
    True - As I said, I can't see it happening myself but somebody at Deloitte obviously thinks differently.
    Last edited by Martin at NixonWilliams; 30 January 2014, 15:43.

Comment

Thread bookmarked! Very useful to know and a great spreadsheet to refer to. Much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
        What does your accountant say?
        Let me check.......

She agrees with me
        ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
          Let me check.......

She agrees with me
          The great thing about schizophrenia is always having somebody to talk to.

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
            One thing worth noting is that the Employer Allowance won't apply to a deemed salary calculation under IR35 - you're fine if you pay an actual salary, but not if it's a deemed salary.
            A pity, as that would cut back one of its worst aspects, i.e. being liable for both employer's and employee's NIC.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
              A pity, as that would cut back one of its worst aspects, i.e. being liable for both employer's and employee's NIC.
              Perhaps, when viewed from a taxpayer's perspective. Viewed from a Gov't perspective, they don't care where the contributions are coming from, only that both are paid, as they would be for any ordinary employee.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                Perhaps, when viewed from a taxpayer's perspective. Viewed from a Gov't perspective, they don't care where the contributions are coming from, only that both are paid, as they would be for any ordinary employee.
                I get that, but isn't that the equivalent of having it both ways? On the one hand, the "intermediary" (ltd company) doesn't exist and you are a disguised employee, so liable for employee's NICs. On the other hand, it does exist, and it is liable for employer's NICs.

Comment

An update on the £2,000 NI incentive has now been released and it looks like good news unless you are caught by IR35..

https://www.gov.uk/employment-allowa...lass-1-nics#ee
                  Last edited by Martin at NixonWilliams; 7 February 2014, 15:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin at NixonWilliams View Post
                    An update on the £2,000 NI incentive has now been released and it looks like good news

Unless.. you are caught by IR35 or you are supplying IT services to the governement..

https://www.gov.uk/employment-allowa...lass-1-nics#ee
                    Thanks. My reading of the IT services to government is different though - this appears to be given as an example of something not considered of a public nature, and thus allowed....

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      Thanks. My reading of the IT services to government is different though - this appears to be given as an example of something not considered of a public nature, and thus allowed....
                      Aah yes, sorry, Friday afternoon syndrome now edited.

Comment

Working...
                      X