• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

recruitement agency wont pay as end client did not sign timesheet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joymasch View Post
    3) I had no access but i was given jobs to do, which were outside of my scope but i accepted as that department was overwhelmed and my department was not.

OK, that makes it a little clearer. As others have said, the people who owe you money for this work is your employer the umbrella company.
    Whether or not they get paid by their customer is none of your business or concern.
    Still Invoicing

Comment

not if i have a contract as an independent: their contract requires a signed timesheet as well.
      point being that i do not have to quit the umbrella but as they are the ones acting on my behalf for my actual contract, i do not think it is a good idea to take them to court. They will not take legal action against the agency, i am on my own in that.

Comment

not if i have a contract as an independent: their contract requires a signed timesheet as well.
        point being that i do not have to quit the umbrella but as they are the ones acting on my behalf for my actual contract, i do not think it is a good idea to take them to court. They will not take legal action against the agency, i am on my own in that.
        They will if you take action against them.

If you can prove you were on site then you won't need signed timesheets.

Either do it or stop complaining.

Comment

i am not writing to complain at all: i am writing because i am trying to keep legal actions as last resort. whoever i spoke to that went thru legal actions, confirmed that it is a long, expensive and painful process.
          that is why i am trying to find a solution that can maybe force either the client to sign the timesheet or the agency to pay.
          so, if someone went thru this and managed, please tell me how.
          guessing or saying they must pay etc etc will not help: bottom line: as it is, the client is not willing to sign the timesheet because they angry i have left, the agency does not want to pay because i don't produce a signed timesheet which is a requirement in the contract and the umbrella doesn't want to take action, aside from being in touch with the agency. and i have the feeling that the more i push them the more they backup with some legal excuses on why they cannot do that.

Comment

i am writing because i am trying to keep legal actions as last resort.
            Legal action is a long and slow process but if negotiation has failed then that's your final option. You will have to start with the Umbrella because that is who you have a contract with. They will then pressure the agency who will pressure the client. Most likely the agency or the client will crack, the umbrella is just the man in the middle and they can't be bothered fighting your case for you unless they are forced to.

Speak to a debt collectors like Safe Collections and get them started on it. You will be surprised how quickly you get results when it's clear you won't back down.

Anything other than that is just moaning about it and you won't get anywhere.

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
            Either do it or stop complaining.
            Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
              Speak to a debt collectors like Safe Collections and get them started on it. You will be surprised how quickly you get results when it's clear you won't back down.
              finally a useful suggestion!!

Comment

Working...
              X