• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

revive dormant or start new LTD?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
    Huh? Only 80% take home. You can get that with a LTD company. Or did you do this because you considered yourself IR35 caught?
    I think it's closer to 83% or something. The most I got out of Ltd was in the region of 75% but annually that wasn't being good with the running like I previously mentioned

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
      It is not clear if your intent is to keep old co even if you commence operations through new co.

As it stands old co is a valid target for hmrc due to its existence. I am not asessing likely, merely possible.
      I will close the old one if I start a new co

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
        Huh? Only 80% take home. You can get that with a LTD company. Or did you do this because you considered yourself IR35 caught?
        I would think it depends on the day rates, and also once VAT is factored in, it'll be something less than 80%, although pretty close.

Comment

Originally posted by bourneagain View Post
          I will close the old one if I start a new co

Once successfully struck off that should draw a line under the tax affairs of the company. Hmrc is very unlikely to reopen the co to investigate. That should relieve ir35 worries. There is some chance that hmr object to the striking off and investigate.

Comment

Working...
          X