• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boox Accountants - how unprofessional

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread amounts to "Some tried to sell me something using the phone! Outrageous!"

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      Now you're just teasing us - spit it out man!
      Was going to then thought that it just gives the secret away to others! I'd hate for you to get end up fielding more cold calls
      P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

A lot of us do sales of sorts. Business.

However my own experience has been that trying to undercut a competitor just ends up with a reverse auction - far better to sell a positive, sow a seed, and be someone's "first alternative" in case incumbent screws up.

Also tended to find mailshotting got better results than phone calls; less headline response % but better client quality.

Anyways, as with most this money's not everything?
        (Currently chilling in exotic foreign parts with wine, just checking in to see what's going on )

Comment

I am not with my accountants (Forbes Young) because they are the cheapest, far from it but they do provide value for money and I am more than happy with their service!

Comment

FWIW, I have no problem with accountancies contacting me and pitching their wares, and if they're able to persuade me that the service they're offering is more attractive than the one I currently have, then I'll switch. Hasn't happened so far though

I'm mildly curious as to how one of them in particular got my details, but I'm sure it's easy enough if that's the business you're in...

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
              I received an unsolicited phone call from Boox saying that they knew I was using Nixon Williams and that they could offer the same for less cash.

I have used NW for over 6 years and am very happy with them, however Boox must be desperate to be scratching about to call clients of competitors.

Not sure how they got my details, nor how they knew I was using NW, but I never appreciate intrusive phone calls of this nature but I told Boox to sod off.

I looked at their website and all their staff seem to be part qualified, and use words like "studied", no mention of actually qualifying! Sums them up really.

Boox = BIG FAIL
              I have known 'friends' who pass on a name or two to a favoured accountant/agent etc.

Seriously though, I am astonished that anybody in business should believe that their identity (personal as well as a corporate) is as secret as Coca Cola's formula! Think about it....all the world and their dogs know your birthday and your mother's maiden name!

Comment

Originally posted by Taita View Post
                I have known 'friends' who pass on a name or two to a favoured accountant/agent etc.

Seriously though, I am astonished that anybody in business should believe that their identity (personal as well as a corporate) is as secret as Coca Cola's formula! Think about it....all the world and their dogs know your birthday and your mother's maiden name!
                Nope they don't know my mother's maiden name as I don't use that name when it's asked for unless you are a relevant UK government official.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Nope they don't know my mother's maiden name as I don't use that name when it's asked for unless you are a relevant UK government official.
                  Good for you SueEllen. My point is there are many unique indentifiers attaching to each individual and almost all of them will lead to other identifiers so nobody in business should assume they are concealed from view.

Comment

Working...
                  X