• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Face to face with your accountant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
    Would have loved a face-to-face when my accounts ended up in a mess all thanks to SJD.

I continually asked the question "am I setting aside enough Corp Tax" and was told yes you are.

Only to discover later that I was some £10K short when it came to my year end.

No need now as Crunch are fantastic. The web based system is superb and the support you get over email and telephone is very good too. A lot cheaper to boot!
    I am very sorry to read of your experience lucozade, could you please PM me the details of your accountant and I'll happily address this with them, as we are happy to meet a contactor in any major city.

I meet about 100 contractors a year, but then I freely offer meetings which are often snapped up!
    http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/dan-moss/18/18/105

Comment

Meeting face to face is optional if the travelling distance is not too far!

I look after lots of contractors nationwide and probably 90% have never met me and most contact is conducted via e-mail and telephone calls and this works well.

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
        Would have loved a face-to-face when my accounts ended up in a mess all thanks to SJD.

I continually asked the question "am I setting aside enough Corp Tax" and was told yes you are.

Only to discover later that I was some £10K short when it came to my year end.

No need now as Crunch are fantastic. The web based system is superb and the support you get over email and telephone is very good too. A lot cheaper to boot!
        Difficult to see how you managed that, when the SJD spreadsheet clearly shows your estimated corp tax liability if you fill it in accurately.

Actually that's something I haven't seen on my new accountant's portal - must ask if it's there.

Comment

Originally posted by Danielsjdaccountancy View Post
          I am very sorry to read of your experience lucozade, could you please PM me the details of your accountant and I'll happily address this with them, as we are happy to meet a contactor in any major city.

I meet about 100 contractors a year, but then I freely offer meetings which are often snapped up!
          Any major cities in Wales? Possibly not - LOL
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X