• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LBG Payment Terms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
    That's Sanderson's (part of RSG) standard payment terms. I was through them at a different place and that is how I got paid and they won't budge from it.

How the agent pays you quite often has nothing to do with how they are getting paid. They will pay you when all the invoices have been authorised so they are pretty sure they will get paid but it is possible that they may be on three monthly payment terms with the client and so are acting as payment factors for you.
    In LBG, Hyphen handle all the timesheets and invoices and the whole system is built around a monthly cycle. I did manage to negotiate weekly payment terms with the agent for my last stint there but it caused no end of problems with the Hyphen system and the agent's systems and I was forever on the phone trying to get paid. In hindsight, it would have been easier to go with the monthly billing cycle.
    Not true actually. I know of one very small agency who were forced on to the Hyphen second tier list when Hyphen became the single supplier. Hyphen take £8 per day (yes, £8 !) per body from them and they do all their own invoicing and timesheet work for their LBG contractors. They still pay weekly but they only deal with Programme Manager level and above.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      Not true actually. I know of one very small agency who were forced on to the Hyphen second tier list when Hyphen became the single supplier. Hyphen take £8 per day (yes, £8 !) per body from them and they do all their own invoicing and timesheet work for their LBG contractors. They still pay weekly but they only deal with Programme Manager level and above.
      Okay, I bow to your superior knowledge. But in general I think that is true.

I was there through Lorien in 2010-2011 and I was using their timesheet system until Hyphen rolled out their one and then all of us there through 2nd tier suppliers had to go over to using it.

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
        Okay, I bow to your superior knowledge. But in general I think that is true.

I was there through Lorien in 2010-2011 and I was using their timesheet system until Hyphen rolled out their one and then all of us there through 2nd tier suppliers had to go over to using it.

I don't currently use the Hyphen system either, and i'm with Project Partners. We use the PP 'system' which involves a spreadsheet !! being filled in and sent to some authorised person in LBG who then send a pile of them by email to someone from PP> The contractor then sends an invoice by email to PP, who then fail to tie the timesheet to the invoice You then get a phone call from PP to say you haven't submitted a timesheet or invoice. When you tell them you have, the guy clicks his mouse a couple of times and says 'you have, sorry, i didn't see it' and then you get paid Efficient use of the available technology
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          I don't currently use the Hyphen system either, and i'm with Project Partners. We use the PP 'system' which involves a spreadsheet !! being filled in and sent to some authorised person in LBG who then send a pile of them by email to someone from PP> The contractor then sends an invoice by email to PP, who then fail to tie the timesheet to the invoice You then get a phone call from PP to say you haven't submitted a timesheet or invoice. When you tell them you have, the guy clicks his mouse a couple of times and says 'you have, sorry, i didn't see it' and then you get paid Efficient use of the available technology
          Glad I'm not the only one that happens to.

Comment

I am currently at LBG through Hyphen with a Self-bill agreement on a monthly cycle. Payment terms are 10 working days after timesheet authorisation on PeopleClick, and the last invoice was in the bank on day 8

Comment

Am I glad I jibbed project partners and their tulipe off.

Bunch of ******* toss pots.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
              X