• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    With the dividends keep coming in I was still making money when the market went down, it was only a paper loss on the value which corrected itself over the longer term
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Well has anyone played the market in the run up to the referendum.

I jumped in last week when it went down to 5900 and bought 40k worth of shares. Just bailed at just under 3k up.

Was holding SL, TALK, LLOYDS, SSE & UU. Time will tell tomorrow if I bailed early or in time.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Well has anyone played the market in the run up to the referendum.

I jumped in last week when it went down to 5900 and bought 40k worth of shares. Just bailed at just under 3k up.

Was holding SL, TALK, LLOYDS, SSE & UU. Time will tell tomorrow if I bailed early or in time.
        As always I just keep playing the long term game, Monday was good for me with four figure gains for the day, over all I am up about 7.6% since 1st Jan

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          As always I just keep playing the long term game, Monday was good for me with four figure gains for the day, over all I am up about 7.6% since 1st Jan
          Well, looks like it's still going up, so market reckons a Remain.

I've only played short-term twice this year.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Well, looks like it's still going up, so market reckons a Remain.

I've only played short-term twice this year.
            I have ignored every opinion poll, the market seems to be a much better predictor.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              I have ignored every opinion poll, the market seems to be a much better predictor.
              Me too - looks lke a remain, unless they are suckering the retailers into loading up...
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I'm out of all positions until after the dust has settled. Hoping for some nice tradeable trends off the back of this with steady pullbacks and the algos doing their thing
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  I'm out of all positions until after the dust has settled. Hoping for some nice tradeable trends off the back of this with steady pullbacks and the algos doing their thing
                  Chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Chicken.
                    I'll gladly be a chicken with my account intact. Had a narrow escape when the SNB removed the EURCHF peg - not going to willfully put myself in that kind of situation again...

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      I'll gladly be a chicken with my account intact. Had a narrow escape when the SNB removed the EURCHF peg - not going to willfully put myself in that kind of situation again...
                      Then you need to REPENT, you Dirty Spekulant!!!

I am keeping my powder (EUR and USD) dry until result is known and possibly few weeks after before exchanging.

Comment

Working...
                      X