• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need to join ANY Trade Union for IT staff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat
    What's the problem? Are they breaking the terms of your contract?
    The problem is that they have no idea of best practice in hiring, retaining or firing staff. I don't want to be too specific in public about this case for an obvious reason, but it's only inferior organisations (who hire lower-end IT brains like me!) that suffer high turnover and foster job insecurity in their environments.

So no, they're not breaking the terms of the written contract, but it's a bit of a poor show all round that I've had to get a uniion rep, I thought that crap only happened in the public sector.

We're all 'temps' - nobody stays at in one workplace permanently, unless you're an Undertaker.

Jaybee.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybee from his castle
      So no, they're not breaking the terms of the written contract, but it's a bit of a poor show all round that I've had to get a uniion rep, I thought that crap only happened in the public sector.
      Why do you have to get a union rep?
      - the contract has not been broken
      - right now you're being paid for not working
      - soon your contract may be terminated, in accordance with its conditions.

So what's the problem?

Comment

these guys

these guys should be able to help

http://www.nfu.org.uk/

Comment

Working...
        X