• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hunger Pains - Claiming for a cheapo lunch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheMonkey
    Ok let's analyse the situation:

1. I do my accounts once a month - takes about 10 minutes in total. Wife doesn't get angry because I sit in front of Sage until 1AM.

2. I do my accounts once a month and do the receipts - takes about 3 hours in total. Wife does get angry because I sit in front of Sage until 1AM. No sex.

Makes sense. Plus I make my own sarnies 2-3 days a week because I can't stand the mayo-encrusted tulip you get from shops.
    Ignore these fools, Monkey, they know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

...though we all know that the wife gets angry when you are in front of the computer at 1AM because of Test Please Delete, not because of your accounts......
    Plan A is located just about here.
    If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Originally posted by XLMonkey
      Ignore these fools, Monkey, they know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.
      Indeed I will.

I am married, have 2 children, rent a naff flat, have a £600 car, wear clothes from ASDA's economy range, shop in Morrisons and ASDA, like economy corned beef sarnies and my highest technology gadget is a £25 mp3 cd player from Argos. My phone is something ancient and Nokia (that is as far as I know or care), I like using paper and pens and don't care for wireless this, that or text messages.

But I'm happy and so is my family, something that is worth considerably more than any status, amount of money or material thing.
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Working...
      X