• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTT loss for HMRC: HMRC loses employee bonus tax appeal | AccountingWEB

Be interesting to know if there are any APN's related to these, probably before their kicked in. So Gauke has pretty much justified APNs on the basis HMRC always win....hmmmm bit flawed isnt it!

Comment

APN or Pre APN - Address

Does anybody know whether the pre-APNs or APN letters are coming from one standard address and investigations unit?
      Could anybody confirm what it is - including phone number?

I may check to see what address they have for me as have moved recently and I don't think the APNs will be available on my HMRC online account.

Comment

if you have proof you sent them a change of address ie read receipt on email or signed for letter ....why check whether they were competent enough to act upon it - would have thought you can legitimately buy yourself time if they have ignored it and sent it to the wrong place
        and the more irrefutable incompetance the better id have thought
        Originally posted by antrant View Post
        Does anybody know whether the pre-APNs or APN letters are coming from one standard address and investigations unit?

I may check to see what address they have for me as have moved recently and I don't think the APNs will be available on my HMRC online account.

Comment

We've only seen deGraaf ones so far, and they've all come from here:

HM Revenue & Customs
          Counter Avoidance AP Teams S0694
          PO Box 30002
          GLASGOW
          G70 6AG

Tel: 03000 577143

Comment

Right Address

Originally posted by elpinar View Post
            if you have proof you sent them a change of address ie read receipt on email or signed for letter ....why check whether they were competent enough to act upon it - would have thought you can legitimately buy yourself time if they have ignored it and sent it to the wrong place
            and the more irrefutable incompetance the better id have thought
            I've got no proof as I changed it directly on my HMRC online account which confirms the address is now correct. But I don't know whether all these departments are hooked up to receive the update...

I agree with you I think it was previously mentioned that sending an APN etc to the wrong address is a legitimate reason for a review / extension of time.

Comment

I've got no proof as I changed it directly on my HMRC online account which confirms the address is now correct. But I don't know whether all these departments are hooked up to receive the update...

I agree with you I think it was previously mentioned that sending an APN etc to the wrong address is a legitimate reason for a review / extension of time.
              Take a screen shot so you have proof you changed it.

Comment

Team Number

The MP letters are the same address, but different team, i.e. Counter Avoidance AP Teams S0987 and phone no. 03000 574367.

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                We've only seen deGraaf ones so far, and they've all come from here:

HM Revenue & Customs
                Counter Avoidance AP Teams S0694
                PO Box 30002
                GLASGOW
                G70 6AG

Tel: 03000 577143

Comment

I haven't changed address in years so no chance of it being incorrect on my records. As yet I've received no pre-APN or APN letters.

Comment

Is it really your concern whether all the respective HMRC teams are glued up and using the correct info? No, you have done your bit and updated it on the HMRC online portal. Their issue if the departments arent using the latest info not yours. Can only help but make them look even more incompetent if they arent.

Comment

Enquiry and closure notices

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                      Correct.

The normal time limit is 4 years; 6 years for carelessness; 20 years for deliberate behaviour.

[ARCHIVED CONTENT] HM Revenue & Customs: FAQ: New Compliance Checks
                      Thanks for this link DR.

Can anyone help ? I have read through and also looked at the lower level tables CH56100 (+CH51550) - Assessing Time Limits but I can't work out if there is any benifit to looking in to the dates on my letters further. The first letter I have that refers to 2006/2007 states if I don't resubmit my return an enquiry will be opened. I received the letter late July 2008.
                      Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X