• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone know if you can buy a ctd with a credit / debit card?
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
      There must be a good number of us here who have been in both the DT and EBT schemes through MP.

Not heard anything about any efforts on the EBT side by MP though.

I am with you in this ...radio silence on the EBT side

Comment

Originally posted by Ooops View Post
        Hi SantaClaus. It's a letter warning of an impending APN, due in 4 weeks.
        Ok, thanks Ooops. Not an actual APN then.
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
          I'm only aware of bank transfer or cheque. You could try phoning the CTD Team on 03000 579 978.
          https://www.gov.uk/certificate-of-ta...me#ways-to-pay

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
            I am with you in this ...radio silence on the EBT side
            Yeah I'm sure there are a good number of us on here in the same boat.

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
              They're still in the dark ages. BACS or CHAPS only Im afraid.

https://www.gov.uk/certificate-of-ta...me#ways-to-pay
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Warning on APN received - do I need to do anything?

I note the part that says "if you have problems paying contact us straight away". Do I need to do that?

Comment

hmrc settlement

hey all - I'm a member of no retro grp and the last newsletter appears very hopefully, in the very least that a settlement could be at hand due - 75% chance as I recall. I check this forum only on occasion so as not to increase my blood pressure too much - upon checking it over the last week or so it appears we are doomed. Just wondering what happened to the seemingly high chance of winning or lease getting some sort of settlement?

Comment

Originally posted by gooner View Post
                    hey all - I'm a member of no retro grp and the last newsletter appears very hopefully, in the very least that a settlement could be at hand due - 75% chance as I recall. I check this forum only on occasion so as not to increase my blood pressure too much - upon checking it over the last week or so it appears we are doomed. Just wondering what happened to the seemingly high chance of winning or lease getting some sort of settlement?
                    No-one seems to know what the settlement figure is. Is it 1% or 99%?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Warning on APN received - do I need to do anything?

I note the part that says "if you have problems paying contact us straight away". Do I need to do that?
                      There seems to be a lack of information coming out about what to do. I posted similar but got no response which is a bit disconcerting!

Perhaps try contacting MP and see what they say even though its only a warning letter.

Seriously NTRT, is no one able to offer a little advice what to do other than sit tight and wait for the APN to arrive?
                      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                      X