• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DONATIONS

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    If lurkers still want to join us, now is a very good time.

We may raise the minimum donation soon, to be fair to our members who have stuck with us right from the beginning and made regular donations.
    Come on you LURKERS if you are effected by this in any way then now is the time to SIGN UP AND CONTRIBUTE. The only way we are going to beat them is in court so dig deep and get contributing.

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
      Freelance work is not an attractive industry. Constant attacks by HMRC and the Government make it uncertain, insecure and unattractive. The only people who gain out of this will non-UK based body shoppers who can come close to matching the affordable rates of freelancers, and that revenue won't be generating much tax for the UK. If they win, and they may not, it will do nothing to help the UK economy. I wonder who they'll blame that on?
      This.
      Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by orientalist View Post
        I may have agreed 7 years ago when i believed in the judicial system....
        The problem is most of the judicial system is paid through taxes. If you were a Judge and seen budgets slashed, and no pay rise in years would you still be 100% impartial?

Judges are also not immune to the public mood, stirred up by the politicians and media.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
          The problem is most of the judicial system is paid through taxes. If you were a Judge and seen budgets slashed, and no pay rise in years would you still be 100% impartial?

Judges are also not immune to the public mood, stirred up by the politicians and media.
          Seeing as promotion for judges to the Supreme Court, important Judicial Reviews etc is rubber stamped by the Prime Minister of the day, its not beyond comprehension that potential 'promotees' are given the nod and a wink that if they find for the Establishment or Government in such cases, it would look well on their resume when promotion is being considered.

https://www.supremecourt.uk/about/ap...-justices.html
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Join NTRT now

Don't miss out on the next newsletter.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
              Join NTRT now

Don't miss out on the next newsletter.
              £200 may be a bit steep for some folks.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
                Not if you're facing bankruptcy anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Morlock View Post
                  Not if you're facing bankruptcy anyway.
                  and £200 was never set in stone. Besides some of us have donated far more than that (even though money is tight).....

Comment

Some people probably think they will benefit from what NTRT are doing anyway, so why bother joining?

That was the case in the beginning when we were lobbying against the legislation but it's no longer true.

In any case, what's £200 versus a 5 or 6 figure tax bill?

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
                      I've donated much , much more than that this, as have many others, to take the fight back to them. Not just for myself but for all of us. Don't forget the NTRT team who have worked very hard under great pressure without charge. If this is too much for someone to pay to carry on, then I hope HMRC accept £200 as their settlement, and good luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X