• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The letter has only been sent to a small number of people with specific circumstances.

It doesn't have much relevance for most of us.

Comment

Originally posted by travellingknob View Post
      Received the WG tongue in cheek letter a few weeks back but I've received another today on a much more specific subject. Without wanting to reveal the content in public I'm just wondering if others have received the same letter ? I'm surprised its not mentioned here so far but then as i say its more specific to my circumstances so most likely has limited distribution.
      Sorry to be cryptic to those who haven't seen it but I'm sure you understand not everything is for the public domain
      Yip I got something yesterday too and have added my support.

Comment

Why can't they post them all at once?

I am always a week behind the first arrivals....

Comment

no letter here and normally i get them the same time as everyone else ... as DR said only a few people in specific circumstances ...so good luck folks and hope that the rest of us get some benefit from this anon.

Comment

Just got one too.
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
              Just got one too.
              Me too and have returned what will hopefully be useful information...

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                The letter has only been sent to a small number of people with specific circumstances.

It doesn't have much relevance for most of us.
                Er, except those who havent received 'the letter' are now wondering WTF is it all about?

Appreciate different people's 'investigations' may have particular points but this to me is just another example of MP's poor communication strategy.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  Er, except those who havent received 'the letter' are now wondering WTF is it all about?

Appreciate different people's 'investigations' may have particular points but this to me is just another example of MP's poor communication strategy.
                  +1000

Another reason why we need a closed forum. I would rather have got nothing than this. Its bad enough getting sh1te from HMRC....

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

How is it poor communication strategy when, as already stated, it relates to a specific circumstance that may only affect a relatively small percentage of those with MP...? Do you expect them to write possibly a couple of thousand letters to all those not involved explaining the situation...?

Personally, I don't see what the problem is in revealing the specific scenario that the letters relate to, however, I'm not about to say what it is myself, in case I screw up - I would rather leave it to someone more "senior" on this forum, DR, for example, to make that call...

I appreciate Brillos and your frustration at not knowing what its about, I would be too, but I agree with Brillo that a closed forum would have allowed those of us that know what's going on share high level details with trusted contributors that don't...

Comment

Or maybe the use for this forum as at an end? Campaigning gone nowhere - I would love to here from whatisface at Whitehouse on this - now moving onto a legal footing. No-one here will be qualified to understand the issues let alone comment on them.

I remember when this forum was just DR and me against the world. Fun days! A proper CUK fight evey day.

We slowly gathered followers that led to NTRT. Shame I incured the wrath of admin and was not backed up - but a valuable lesson that at the end of the day we are all individuals on out own.

Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                      X