• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTRT Funding

Payment just made. The reference field was not long enough for my full email address so I had to be creative. Let me know if you need specifics.

Comment

I will make a donation shortly, bit strapped of late! Wife has now gone back to work so cashflow improving, thats if she doesnt spend it all!!

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
        Freedom of Information Act is totally different to Data Protection Act.

There's much less scope for public bodies to refuse a request for personal information under the DPA.
        I will acknowledge your better information on that one.

You might want to have a peer into the Commissioners for Revenue and Customs Act 2005, esp. section 18.

There, HMRC can consider requests for information that they hold but which a taxpayer (or his agent) does not but which releasing to the taxpayer "will assist HMRC in their duties".

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
          Where have you been the past few years?
          Apologies, as perhaps I was a bit clumsy in phrasing.

I'm aware that lobbying local MP's has happened and that results are varied but generally negative in terms of making changes to tax rules.

I'll post some thoughts on what I think may happen next and how that can be influenced to be shot at.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob79 View Post
            Apologies, as perhaps I was a bit clumsy in phrasing.

I'm aware that lobbying local MP's has happened and that results are varied but generally negative in terms of making changes to tax rules.

I'll post some thoughts on what I think may happen next and how that can be influenced to be shot at.
            I've wondered if lobbying MPs to get HMRC to enter into discussions about finding a non-cataclysmic route out of this mess for those affected would be of use?

Simply put, when they bankrupt me, they will get a fraction of what I would otherwise be able to pay back, if I have to. I realize they have a point to make, but surely this would be better PR for them, and be better for their balance sheet.

Comment

Donation made

Just made another donation - keep up the good work one and all.

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
                Thats the sort of thing Twitter loves to see.
                Yep, nothing an MP hates more than disgruntled constituents on his/her Twitter timeline.
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
                  Payment just made. The reference field was not long enough for my full email address so I had to be creative. Let me know if you need specifics.
                  Many thanks Swede and thank you to everyone who have sent further donations/standing orders.

I'm usually able to match up something in the reference field against our NTRT database of member names/email addresses/username. Got my Sherlock Holmes cap ready

Comment

Is there are a way to set my preferences on this thread so that I won't see posts made by certain individuals?

Comment

Originally posted by Morlock View Post
                      Is there are a way to set my preferences on this thread so that I won't see posts made by certain individuals?
                      I think I know who you are referring too

The only way I know is click on their name -View Profile - Add to ignore list.

Comment

Working...
                      X