• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Representatives of NTRT and Whitehouse are meeting more influential MPs in Parliament today.

More details will be provided in the monthly report to members in a week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by SLB View Post
      Hi Santa - can you PM me the doc as well as I can't open it either, it just hangs when I try, others seem fine though. Thanks.
      SLB
      Hi SLB,

I don't think the private messaging will let me send docs, but the document K019 has been changed to a pdf, so you should be able to download it now:

http://notoretrotax.org.uk/public-do...%20letters.pdf

NB: The above document is available to members and non members.
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
        Hi SLB,

I don't think the private messaging will let me send docs, but the document K019 has been changed to a pdf, so you should be able to download it now:

http://notoretrotax.org.uk/public-do...%20letters.pdf

NB: The above document is available to members and non members.
        Thanks!

What a riveting read!

Comment

Originally posted by SLB View Post
          Thanks!

What a riveting read!
          It's no Jackie Collins novel, but it spells out clearly how our LibCon leaders are willing to go back on their words (and morals) once in power.

Comment

It's no Jackie Collins novel, but it spells out clearly how our LibCon leaders are willing to go back on their words (and morals) once in power.
            Also, I think it reveals their true belief, i.e. their initial reaction when not towing the party line or worrying about what the “public” may think of their position on such a matter!

In addition it documents a commitment to do something about S58 which they have failed to deliver on!

More importantly I believe it illustrates that the MP’s in question are doing what they are told by their chain of command rather than what they were elected to do!
            Last edited by Fireship; 22 May 2012, 23:36. Reason: Phat fingers

Comment

MP Contacted

I sent the briefing note to my local MP David Nuttall (Bury North) via email and received a personal and reasonably upbeat reply to the effect that he was totally unaware of the issue until I raised it, that he'll look into it further and will also raise with the Exchequer Secretary.

I'll post again once I've been Gauked...

Comment

Gauke

Originally posted by honeyridges View Post
                I sent the briefing note to my local MP David Nuttall (Bury North) via email and received a personal and reasonably upbeat reply to the effect that he was totally unaware of the issue until I raised it, that he'll look into it further and will also raise with the Exchequer Secretary.

It is very disapponting that Gauke's advisors have not passed him the real evidence that totally undermines his recent template letter. I find it rather frustrating as a Brit seeing a Government minister being fed a pile of lies and deceit and requoting it verbatim without so much as question as to why w are still here and not going away.

We have all the evidence that HMRC misled a Government minister in 2008. It is clear that they are now trying to cover their tracks by doing the same with Gauke. Does that not constitute conspiracy to pervert the course of justice? In terms of misleading Parliament, Gauke is responsible for his HMRC minions and so would be culpable...seems a bit daft really when it didn't even happen on his watch and yet he continues to rattle out the old deceit.

It is clear from recent utterings that his principles can be purchased for the perceived benefit of some additional revenue for the Exchequer. What bothers me most is that people were duped to elect someone like that to act as their MP.
                Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
                "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Originally posted by honeyridges View Post

I love that phrase "I've been Gauked". I think we need some t-shirts printed.

Comment

I love that phrase "I've been Gauked". I think we need some t-shirts printed.
                    Perhaps it merits a Wikipaedia entry...
                    Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
                    "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Originally posted by Emigre View Post
                      Perhaps it merits a Wikipaedia entry...
                      Here we go... a quick mock-up of what it could look like:

Gauke T-shirt

Comment

Working...
                      X