• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seems parliament TV has crashed!! brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
      lol "with the typos fixed". I was typing in a rage
      Perfectly understandable given the latest examples of HMRC's duplicitious behaviour that have emerged today...

Comment

City MP slams new tax grab

People are starting to wake up to what's going on:

City MP Mark Field slams new tax grab | City A.M.

Comment

Originally posted by honeyridges View Post
          People are starting to wake up to what's going on:

City MP Mark Field slams new tax grab | City A.M.

Indeed. It was front-page, headline story.

Comment

Newspapers

Originally posted by Guttersnipe View Post
            Indeed. It was front-page, headline story.
            It appears that "against Magna Carta" has been in most of today's papers.

Daily Mail
            ECHO
            Telegraph
            FT

Also, I heard from one of the scheme promoter (I was with two, one disappeared and other till going strong) that a case is being put together to appeal the impending law......

She was very tongue and cheek with the details but has appointed a prominent QC.....

I believe, we are near if not at the battle line already.

Comment

40 percent off

Are we sure that HMRC are offering 40 percent off for early settlement to Liberty Scheme users? I can't see it mentioned in the various newspaper articles anywhere. I want to be sure of my facts before contacting my MP about this apparent discrimination.

Comment

Originally posted by reckless View Post
                Are we sure that HMRC are offering 40 percent off for early settlement to Liberty Scheme users? I can't see it mentioned in the various newspaper articles anywhere. I want to be sure of my facts before contacting my MP about this apparent discrimination.
                Daily Mail says so, so it must be true.

David Beckham among stars to be hit with huge tax demands for Ingenious film scheme | Mail Online - Linkis.com

Comment

40% reduction, if only

it hasn't stopped me from contacting my MP, reply back within a few minutes.....

Dear XXXX

Many thanks for your email and, indeed, welcome to XXXX

As requested, I have written to my ministerial colleague David Gauke MP, the Exchequer Secretary, copying your concerns and requesting his response to them. I will send his reply on to you as soon as I receive it.

Best regards

Kris Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                    Meeting yesterday.

Player

When questioned on how they will use the powers, Lin Homer said that they will at this stage only seek accelerated payment in cases where there has already been a tribunal decision in their favour. Whether they will then go onto other cases has not yet been decided.
                    Just thought I'd bump up DRs post from earlier as there's been a lot of (good) activity today and some us may not have seen this. But it looks like we are not in the immediate firing line.

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
                      Just thought I'd bump up DRs post from earlier as there's been a lot of (good) activity today and some us may not have seen this. But it looks like we are not in the immediate firing line.
                      apparently you will only get an APN once the FTT has made an initial judgement. News to me and has never been mentioned anywhere before, its always been if there is an open enquiry. Think this maybe a new concession they have introduced that even Gauke isnt aware of! This goes some way to them avoiding bankrupting people and then losing the case to the taxpayer, granted they could still lose at appeal etc but its at least one level of safety net.

We just need to make damn sure that this is recorded for future reference!!
                      Last edited by smalldog; 9 July 2014, 13:49.

Comment

Working...
                      X