• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if you guys have seen this but you may be heartened by the questions from Christopher Pincher New Clause 1 — Oil contractor activities: ring-fence trade etc: 2 Jul 2014: House of Commons debates - TheyWorkForYou Relevant sections towards the bottom
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Has anyone contacted the liquidators that NTRT recommended? How long did they take to reply? Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Has anyone contacted the liquidators that NTRT recommended? How long did they take to reply? Feel free to PM me if you prefer.
        I've spoke once with the guy. Have sent him a few questions since and had no replies. I'm considering using someone local now.

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
          I've spoke once with the guy. Have sent him a few questions since and had no replies. I'm considering using someone local now.
          I have spoken to him. He can only help once we receive the APNS he cannot help with what ifs etc. However a very nice and helpful fellow.

Comment

I spoke with the chap mentioned in the NTRT mail who then put me on to a property lawyer. Spoke to the lawyers today. They were very helpful, if in so much as getting your head round what to do with what you've got and the options if you haven't got it now or somehow don't have it later. There is much debate over whether the amount owed can be treated as a debt by the courts and whether they'll seek bankruptcy on that uncertainty, given the unraveling of such would be a nightmare if at some point Monty does triumph. Discussing the impending doom with someone does help, if only a little.

Comment

Originally posted by the great escape View Post
              There is much debate over whether the amount owed can be treated as a debt by the courts and whether they'll seek bankruptcy on that uncertainty, given the unraveling of such would be a nightmare if at some point Monty does triumph.
              An extremely interesting comment.

What is to stop everyone from refusing to pay?

Comment

And there you hit the nail on the head.
                Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

This is exactly what he said to me too. Courts are going to have to take a tough decision on making you bankrupt on the basis that "the debt" has been proven to be a debt.

I expect if you have stacks of cash in the bank then you'll have little chance of arguing but if it means loosing your house then what about the consequences if we do win in court and then have to go back to get the bankruptcy annulled. What about the undue hardship that has been brought on you and your family. This could seriously backfire on the Government.

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                    And there you hit the nail on the head.
                    Makes a change from me whining.

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
                    This is exactly what he said to me too. Courts are going to have to take a tough decision on making you bankrupt on the basis that "the debt" has been proven to be a debt.

I expect if you have stacks of cash in the bank then you'll have little chance of arguing but if it means loosing your house then what about the consequences if we do win in court and then have to go back to get the bankruptcy annulled. What about the undue hardship that has been brought on you and your family. This could seriously backfire on the Government.
                    So whats to stop everyone from putting all their cash into gold?

If we do win, even if it is tomorrow, I intend to sue HMRC for the damage they have caused my children.

Comment

Get on twitter today people

Having some banter with Jane Kennedy @jane4merseyside today.

Her only reply to "who lied to parliament to get s58(4) into law" is "tax avoidance scheme".

Have fun

Comment

Working...
                      X