• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    Just do it, and do it now.

It doesn't matter if they are useless or you think it will be a waste of time. Just do it.

Write a short covering letter saying your one of 3000 people affected, explain how it affects you personally, and enclose the briefing note.

http://notoretrotax.org.uk/public-do...ril%202012.pdf

Don't think about it. Just do it.
    Worth saying twice...

Well done to all those who have lobbied their MP's so far. To those relying on the rest of us to do the work, please get involved. Your efforts will make a difference. The briefing note posted above is succinct and to the point. It cannot fail to hammer home the truth to our political leaders.

Give up an hour's web surfing/Eastenders on friday night and devote that small amount of time to some letter writing. Most of the work has already been done for you!

There is no reason why we shouldn't have an avalanche of letters hitting our MP's desks on monday morning, so what are you all waiting for?
    Last edited by SantaClaus; 16 May 2012, 23:07.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Just do it, and do it now.

It doesn't matter if they are useless or you think it will be a waste of time. Just do it.

Write a short covering letter saying your one of 3000 people affected, explain how it affects you personally, and enclose the briefing note.

Don't think about it. Just do it.
      Okay. Okay. I f**king did it. JUst stop going on will you!

On second thoughts - carry on going mate!

My MP was one of those on the finance committee that were lied to by HMRC. I PMed you the details.

Brillo
      PS If I end up thumping my MP and getting in all the papers I will blame you.

Comment

Whitehouse are making very good progress behind the scenes but they need us to keep up the pressure on MPs.

That means writing letters and meeting MPs.

If you haven't written yet, please can yo do so.

Just write a covering letter and enclose the Whitehouse briefing note.

In the letter, ask your MP to raise the matter with Exchequer Secretary David Gauke.

Thanks
        DR

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
          Worth saying twice...

Well done to all those who have lobbied their MP's so far. To those relying on the rest of us to do the work, please get involved. Your efforts will make a difference. The briefing note posted above is succinct and to the point. It cannot fail to hammer home the truth to our political leaders.

Give up an hour's web surfing/Eastenders on friday night and devote that small amount of time to some letter writing. Most of the work has already been done for you!

There is no reason why we shouldn't have an avalanche of letters hitting our MP's desks on monday morning, so what are you all waiting for?
          Ok sent the 1st letter, got the standard crap response and have followed up with the excellent reply/evidence provided by NTRT. Now can someone advise what happened on the 'Enders last night ?

Mad

Comment

Whitehouse are making very good progress behind the scenes but they need us to keep up the pressure on MPs.

That means writing letters and meeting MPs.

If you haven't written yet, please can yo do so.

Just write a covering letter and enclose the Whitehouse briefing note.

In the letter, ask your MP to raise the matter with Exchequer Secretary David Gauke.

Thanks
            DR
            Sorry I did not do the David Gauke thingy - I just requested a meeting. Is that okay?

Comment

does the fighting fund need more funds yet - I just got paid

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
                Is there any mileage in letting MEP's know about this?
                No mileage in this then?
                Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
                  No mileage in this then?
                  Only the UK Parliament can sort it out, so I think there's little point lobbying MEPs.

Comment

Consumptive Tax avoidance

Originally posted by Tax_shouldnt_be_taxing View Post
                    Some very good considerations. One extra for him perhaps is that the legal avoidance of income tax via tax planning does not remove the added ability to generate more consumptive tax. After all, what you save from income tax allows more spend into the economy which in turn creates economic growth and via consumptive taxes (VAT being the obvious one) adds tax back to the public purse with the benefit of economical value. Spending into the economy adds to company profits which in turn means more Corp Tax and profit to stimulate employment which in turn reduces benefit payouts and increases income tax.

It should not be forgotten that reducing income tax does not carry with it a reduction in tax to the public purse in parallel. Consumptive tax and spending into the economy is made even more viable.

Oh, and what are all Politicians, Ministers from the Treasury, the IMF, economists, the Press, the OECD, ONS and anyone else you can think of telling us? We need to spend money on the high street. Consumptive tax and spending into the economy is the priority. Maybe much lower income tax for all is the way forward. Fits well with what this chap suggests.
                    That arguement is true but the opposing arguement says that comsumptive taxs will also be avoided. We've all heard of the black economy. I dont know but it wouldn't surprise me at all if consumptive tax avoidance (and evasion) is rife in comparison to income tax avoidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog View Post
                      Ok sent the 1st letter, got the standard crap response and have followed up with the excellent reply/evidence provided by NTRT. Now can someone advise what happened on the 'Enders last night ?

Mad
                      Nice one! Keep ploughing on.

Re: Eastenders. I think Dot Cotton got run over by a bus and Dirty Den came back as a ghost.
                      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X