• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
    The 90 days and penalty regime exists for people that have the ability to pay but refuse or who do not come to a TTP arrangement. So my advice would be to get in touch with them as soon as the brown envelope arrives and get your psychiatrist to plead your case.
    FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      FTFY
      Whatever is the most effective!

Comment

Whatever is the most effective!
        Oh my shrink knows exactly what I will do under pressure.

Comment

might as well bang out as many kids as you can and get a nice 8 bedroom house gratis...also work while claiming, get a slight limp and claim sick too.
          Far be it from me to suggest anything, but anyone who's taking the bankrupcy route later this year might well want to consider whether to delay paying their July tax bill.....until they see the lie of the land......

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik View Post
            Far be it from me to suggest anything, but anyone who's taking the bankrupcy route later this year might well want to consider whether to delay paying their July tax bill.....until they see the lie of the land......
            Your non-suggestion is well noted :-) cheers

www.dotas-scandal.org
            Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

[QUOTE=DotasScandal;1950821]Your non-suggestion is well noted :-) cheers

www.dotas-scandal.org[/QUOTE

Personally If I owned an LTD co and bankruptcy was the only solution. I wouldnt be paying ANY tax bills for the time being until this is all sorted.

Comment

Adjudicator response ?

In preparing for my (third) meeting with my MP this coming week, I have been revising some past documents, including the HMRC response to our Adjudicator complaint saved in the Members Area/Members Newsletters section of the NTRT website.

That document has a pretty good statement of our case in the introductory summary "The main thrust of the complaint (..) appears to be that HMRC "knew" that the avoidance scheme could not be defeated under the then existing legislation and so gave misleading information to Parliament in order to persuade Parliament to introduce retrospective legislation."

They then have the cheek to say (in section 3.1) that this lies outside the remit of the Adjudicator because it relates to issues decided by Parliament. i.e. "We can lie to ministers and Parliament, but once legislation has been enacted the Adjudicator has no brief to examine the lies".

Is the Adjudicator's 4-page dismissal of our complaint somewhere on the NTRT website, as I can't find it ? Whatever it says, I'd be interested in seeing and using it . . . .

Comment

Come on everyone get those social media juices flowing and start tweeting.

I can only see a few of us regularly enjoying the banter. Let's get #financebill2014 trending and for the fun of it enjoy a little banter with @davidgauke. After all it looks like his life is unaffected by all of this. Let's make his followers know how much he's affecting us!!

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
                    Come on everyone get those social media juices flowing and start tweeting.

I can only see a few of us regularly enjoying the banter. Let's get #financebill2014 trending and for the fun of it enjoy a little banter with @davidgauke. After all it looks like his life is unaffected by all of this. Let's make his followers know how much he's affecting us!!
                    DotasScandal has been having hot fingers lately :-)

Don't forget you can find your MPs Twitter handle with http://tweetminster.co.uk/mps

Let's make maximum noise around our robber baron extraordinaire's latest and most formidable heist yet.

www.dotas-scandal.org
                    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                      DotasScandal has been having hot fingers lately :-)

Don't forget you can find your MPs Twitter handle with Welcome to Tweetminster

Let's make maximum noise around our robber baron extraordinaire's latest and most formidable heist yet.

www.dotas-scandal.org
                      anyway we can find out about his public appointments and protest at a few??

Comment

Working...
                      X