• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I will act as WG's stand in if necessary. As long as AB promises not to lick me in the ring......
    we could tag team, AB and Gauke, or should it be Timm's really....hmmmm difficult one, or maybe even Dim Prawn that started all this nonsense in the first place!

Comment

Briefing Worked.

Originally posted by honeyridges View Post
      I received a very positive email from my MP at around 4.30pm yesterday afternoon, shortly after his attendance at the briefing event. As he'd previously only promised to try to attend the event (dependent on other House business) I was pleased he'd made it along at all, but what really encouraged me was the upbeat tone of his message.

An excerpt:
      Further to the above matter I duly attended the briefing meeting this afternoon organised by the No To Retro Tax campaign and I now have a much fuller understanding of all the issues involved. The Campaign explained they are going to pursue a complaint to the Ombudsman once they have exhausted the HMRC Appeals Procedure and no doubt they will keep members of the Campaign updated through their excellent website which I have been reading today.

He then went on to pledge support in respect of certain future actions that the Campaign may be considering taking.

If I'm honest, prior to yesterday's event he'd only ever appeared politely interested in this issue. From this email I think his support is more assured. And if this is typical of the reaction of those MPs who attended, I think yesterday's event will prove to have been well worthwhile.

Well done indeed to all those involved.

(Original email forwarded to Whitehouse).
      Great news, lets hope we get some more MPs starting to see the light. Great work NTRT team, I will make another donation at the end of this month.

Comment

Tuesdays briefing

MPs urged to tackle retrospective tax rule Section 58 :: Contractor UK

Comment

A good summary but it's full of typos.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
            Just to let you know that the briefing event went very well. We had a good attendance, despite it clashing with the welfare reform debate in the commons.

Our chairman & deputy did us really proud with an excellent polished presentation to MPs.

More details to follow in due course.
            Fantastic work by NTRT!

(Talk about pressure! The prospect of addressing a roomfull of MPs would make me want to curl up into the foetal position.).

Comment

great and upbeat, I like it!

Comment

Briefing Update

I am not aware if my MP actually made it to the briefing or not. Is there a list of attendees or should I be asking him if he attended and seeking feedback, or do we leave them alone for the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by Goinroamin View Post
                  I am not aware if my MP actually made it to the briefing or not. Is there a list of attendees or should I be asking him if he attended and seeking feedback, or do we leave them alone for the moment?
                  Ditto. If my MP didn't attend then I'd like to be able to point at that 60 MPs did bother to attend including X of other parties plus summarise the meeting in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by javadude View Post
                    Ditto. If my MP didn't attend then I'd like to be able to point at that 60 MPs did bother to attend including X of other parties plus summarise the meeting in some way.
                    Maybe a list of MP's who turned up could be published on the NTRT website at some point?

BTW. Thanks again to the NTRT team!

Comment

Hold fire for the moment...

Comment

Working...
                      X