• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally!

After writing and writing and writing and writing to request a meeting with my Tory MP, he has finally agreed to see me. It just goes to show that if we don't give up and go away, they may just have to listen to what we have to say and face up to the truth!

Happy times.

Comment

Originally posted by nevergiveup View Post
      After writing and writing and writing and writing to request a meeting with my Tory MP, he has finally agreed to see me. It just goes to show that if we don't give up and go away, they may just have to listen to what we have to say and face up to the truth!

Happy times.
      Good job !
      http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by nevergiveup View Post

Happy times.
        Well done NGU.

Anyone meet with the big A in Windsor yet?

Comment

I think most of you know I am competing in an iron man tomorrow night. 2.4 miles swim, 112 mile cycle followed by a marathon. See my .sig for full details.

In many ways our contest with HMRC is going to be like an iron man. Its not a sprint. Its not even a marathon. Its going to be tough and painful. But we are going to keep going whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by the great escape View Post
            Well done NGU.

Anyone meet with the big A in Windsor yet?
            The completely anti retro Mr A has totally ignored me, bloody useless turncoat. What a waste of space, loses my vote! He seems to have turned to the dark side, emperor Gauke has turned him into a Sith.

Oh and Im sick of putting my life on hold, im moving home, buying a new home for my new family with the missus, were due in March. Not going to let HMRC, I mean Gauke, put my entire life on hold while they F about for the next god knows how many years dragging this mess out. What will be will be, me sitting here waiting for it to happen wont change the outcome.

Oh and if we do eventually lose and they try and bankrupt me and try to take my home from my new family. I would like to use Mr Charlton Hestons famous NRA statement:

pry it from my cold, dead hands

and he was only talking about his rifle, not a family home for a retrospective tax law. My god the thought of some of the consequences and potential outcomes of this whole thing are actually quite scary! I really cant see a lot of people happily handing over keys to their homes if it comes to it, have they even thought of that I wonder.
            Last edited by smalldog; 17 August 2012, 21:57.

Comment

Mr cheston

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
              The completely anti retro Mr A has totally ignored me, bloody useless turncoat. What a waste of space, loses my vote! He seems to have turned to the dark side, emperor Gauke has turned him into a Sith.

Oh and Im sick of putting my life on hold, im moving home, buying a new home for my new family with the missus, were due in March. Not going to let HMRC, I mean Gauke, put my entire life on hold while they F about for the next god knows how many years dragging this mess out. What will be will be, me sitting here waiting for it to happen wont change the outcome.

Oh and if we do eventually lose and they try and bankrupt me and try to take my home from my new family. I would like to use Mr Charlton Hestons famous NRA statement:

pry it from my cold, dead hands

and he was only talking about his rifle, not a family home for a retrospective tax law. My god the thought of some of the consequences and potential outcomes of this whole thing are actually quite scary! I really cant see a lot of people happily handing over keys to their homes if it comes to it, have they even thought of that I wonder.
              i'M WITH CHARLTON !!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I think most of you know I am competing in an iron man tomorrow night. 2.4 miles swim, 112 mile cycle followed by a marathon. See my .sig for full details.

In many ways our contest with HMRC is going to be like an iron man. Its not a sprint. Its not even a marathon. Its going to be tough and painful. But we are going to keep going whatever.
                As you can see from my sig I made it! And we are going to win against HMRC - it is the only just and fair outcome.

How long it will take for the pain to go is another matter!

Comment

As you can see from my sig I made it! And we are going to win against HMRC - it is the only just and fair outcome.

How long it will take for the pain to go is another matter!
                  Well done BP.

Comment

Yep agree... a bit like the London to Paris bike ride I did, endurance.... the ability or strength to continue or last, especially despite fatigue, stress, or other adverse conditions.

The bods are wrong..... the bods are running scared...... they can't hide now....,
                    Last edited by moira under the stairs; 20 August 2012, 14:37.
                    MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Reply from MP

Received a reply from my MP at the weekend, following my latest template letter submission. Appears fully sympathetic but being a Labour MP, doubts whether she can persuade Gauke to discuss meeting with NoToRetro. Have advised Whitehouse; awaiting further instructions regarding best tactics.

Comment

Working...
                      X