• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent - I'm in.

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    We accept all major credit/debit cards.
    Joined and donated - fantastic work, thank you.

Comment

Don't forget

If you contact your MP, please provide feedback. Whitehouse need this.

Email it to me and I'll add it to our growing database.

Date [dd/mm/yy]:
      Your name:
      E-mail:
      Phone (optional):
      Name of your MP:
      Party [Conservative/LibDem/Labour/SNP/Other]:
      Date you wrote to them [dd/mm/yy]:
      Date they replied [dd/mm/yy]:
      Date you met with them [dd/mm/yy]:
      Do they support our cause to get s58 amended [Yes/No]?
      General remarks on any feedback you've had:
      Thanks
      DR
      donkeyrhubarb AT rocketmail.com

Comment

Got response from my MP cut and paste of the standard letter most have been getting, so have booked appt with him next week to discuss a few facts. Will send update to DR post meeting
        Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

FRONT PAGE of CUK

Freelance IT workers launch 'No to Retro Tax' :: Contractor UK

well done!

Comment

Could we have a discussion forum on the notoretro site? for members only?
            Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
              Could we have a discussion forum on the notoretro site? for members only?
              Suppose people said things on the assumption the HMRC were not reading. But HMRC paid to join and/or hacked the site.

Generally better that things stay public and people be careful. My opinion only.

Comment

Still no password

Hi,

I've joined and have contributed, but have had no email password. I checked my Spam box as well. I joined 24 hours ago and still no email, can anyone look into this?

Comment

Originally posted by reckless View Post
                  An excellent time line. The only thing missing is the time of the letter asking us if we were 'willing to wait for the outcome of the Special Commissioners' Court?' - in my case this letter was received on 16th May 2007.

I tried to comment on this on the campaign site but got redirected to the 'join now' page (although I had already signed in).
                  Sorry that we're not accepting comments at the moment. Just processing lost registration emails is a full-time job. I wouldn't like to think how painful moderating comments would be!

Could you maybe forward a copy of the letter to the Donkey and at some point I will try to modify the diagram?
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by freedomfighter View Post
                    Hi,

I've joined and have contributed, but have had no email password. I checked my Spam box as well. I joined 24 hours ago and still no email, can anyone look into this?
                    Hi, I've reset your password. Check your private messages on CUK.

Cheers

Santa
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

MP Response

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                      If you contact your MP, please provide feedback. Whitehouse need this.

Email it to me and I'll add it to our growing database.

Thanks
                      DR
                      donkeyrhubarb AT rocketmail.com

Received a a disapointing response from my Conservative MP after seeing him at his surgery, where he seemed supportive albeit a very short session.

I will forward the whole letter onto DR, however it finishes with:-

"I understand that HMRC has made it consistently made it clear that it considered that the scheme did not work and has regularly recommended that payments on account be made. HMRC has established procedures to consider allowing Time to Pay for those with short term difficulties meeting liabilities as the fall due"

Comment

Working...
                      X