• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TalkingCheese View Post
    I sent the first one to mine. Hopefully something different to wading through emails and letters to get the message across !
    I think its a good succinct tool for illustrating the facts and is much less dry than a document/letter etc. Think it gets the point and issues across nicely.

Just mailed it to him, the super quiet Mr Afiriyie:

Dear Sir, you have so far failed to even acknowledge my emails, however I thought you may find this of interest as I think it does a great job of highlighting the FACTS:

NoToRetroTax - YouTube

yours faithfully
    Last edited by smalldog; 13 July 2012, 12:43.

Comment

Just sent animation 1 to my MP

Normally when I have mailed previously I get an automated response.........guess I've been blacklisted and filed in the Spam bucket...then the Trash bucket.

Comment

Doppelgänger

Originally posted by Emigre View Post
        So, if over 1,000 trusts were set up (which would have required a settlement of £1,000 each) why were they not used? Seems to me like there is a gaping hole in the number of enquiries sent out and that they did not open as many as they should have and are now deliberately covering up the fact and in so doing deliberately misleading Parliament.

David Gauke MP: Gordon Brown's misuse of statistics Comment
        What a hypocrite!
        Is it just me, or in the image at the link above does our favourite hypocrite look like a cross between Noel Gallagher and a Crimewatch E-fit of a wanted rapist?

No offence to Noel Gallagher - or indeed wanted rapists - intended.

Comment

Another case of different standards being applied

The Great Olympic Tax Swindle

Comment

I was just wondering - what's next? Its quiet... too quiet

Comment

Originally posted by p4nd4b34r View Post
              I was just wondering - what's next? Its quiet... too quiet
              Itching to get out of the trenches eh? Personally I like the waiting - time is the best thing I have got.

Comment

Truth

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                You just gave me another idea for a video. Now where's that judge animation
                Rediculing people gets you nowhere. Justs shows your nervousness.

Comment

Better than Disney.....

Originally posted by Tax_shouldnt_be_taxing View Post
                  NoToRetroTax - YouTube

Another movie.
                  These are brilliant..... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Ganimos View Post
                    Ridicule seems a perfectly reasonable and proportionate response to something that is, well... , ridiculous.

Those animations do a brilliant job of demonstrating the absurdity of all this.

Comment

Ridicule may be appropriate

Originally posted by Ganimos View Post
                      I would have classified it as Satirical and filed it under the label Truth ( with evidence to substantiate it). Remember the impact that "Spitting Images" had? I think it puts over all the salient points very succinctly in a short space of time and there is more chance of people looking at that than delving through documentation.

Comment

Working...
                      X