• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    You could try contacting him on 020 8421 4161

Harrow East Conservatives | Contact Us
    Thank you SC and Bollox... I just spoke to his assistant and I have forwarded my original email to him so that he would make sure Mr Bob Blackman is aware of the Motion for tomorrow!

Fingers crossed!

Comment

Bob confusion...

Originally posted by marcuss View Post
      Thank you SC and Bollox... I just spoke to his assistant and I have forwarded my original email to him so that he would make sure Mr Bob Blackman is aware of the Motion for tomorrow!

Fingers crossed!
      sorry Marcuss - that was my MP "Bob Stewart" - Beckenham....

Comment

Phone MP

Originally posted by marcuss View Post

Fingers crossed!
        Has anyone tried phoning the House of Commons switchboard on 020 7219 3000 and asking for their MP?

Comment

Tomorrow

You can listen live here:

Parliament Live TV » what's on

COMMITTEES

10.30am and 4.30pm

"HoC Finance Bill Committee - Committee Room 10"
          If we hear when it will actually be debated we will let you know.

It can be replayed afterwards.

Comment

P TV

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
            You can listen live here:

If we hear when it will actually be debated we will let you know.

It can be replayed afterwards.
            Awesome. Just tested that. Works a treat. Thanks DR.

Comment

Danny Alexander - Tax Avoider

From Guido Fawkes:

Following the Jimmy Carr crash last week Danny Alexander took to our screens to attack tax avoiders. That’s the very same Danny Alexander who conned the Treasury out of over £100,000 by flipping his home back during the expenses scandal. Beaker shamelessly registered the property as his second home when he became an MP in 2005, despite admitting to Revenue and Customs that it was in fact his main residence. The trick allowed him to claim over £37,000 of taxpayers’ money doing up the London pad over the following two years. In 2007 Danny then sold up for £300,000, using a tax loophole to avoid paying the then 40% capital gains tax. His accountant certainly earned his – or should that be our – money.

Now Alexander is laying into the likes of Carr and Gary Barlow, lambasting tax avoiders as the moral equivalent of benefits cheats.

People in flipped houses…

Comment

Originally posted by bollox View Post
                sorry Marcuss - that was my MP "Bob Stewart" - Beckenham....
                Oh, never mind, at least I managed to speak to his assistant who promised to make Bob Blackman aware of the issue (if he is not already) and about tomorrow's motion.

BTW, his direct number was 020 8421 2223.

Comment

From Guido Fawkes:

Following the Jimmy Carr crash last week Danny Alexander took to our screens to attack tax avoiders. That’s the very same Danny Alexander who conned the Treasury out of over £100,000 by flipping his home back during the expenses scandal. Beaker shamelessly registered the property as his second home when he became an MP in 2005, despite admitting to Revenue and Customs that it was in fact his main residence. The trick allowed him to claim over £37,000 of taxpayers’ money doing up the London pad over the following two years. In 2007 Danny then sold up for £300,000, using a tax loophole to avoid paying the then 40% capital gains tax. His accountant certainly earned his – or should that be our – money.

Now Alexander is laying into the likes of Carr and Gary Barlow, lambasting tax avoiders as the moral equivalent of benefits cheats.

Somehow it appears that there is either a liar or a hypocrite under every stone.
                  There's an elephant wondering around here...

Comment

Unbelievable

From Guido Fawkes:

If this story is true then Danny Alexander has automatically assumed top spot in the League of the countries biggest political hypocrites -and thats no mean feat given the competition fighting for top spot.

Our politicians make me want to throw up...

Comment

Originally posted by foolishboy View Post
                      If this story is true then Danny Alexander has automatically assumed top spot in the League of the countries biggest political hypocrites -and thats no mean feat given the competition fighting for top spot.

Our politicians make me want to throw up...
                      It's a close call between Danny Alexander and David Gauke.
                      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X