• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email sent

Email to Mark Hunter of Lib Dem sent

Comment

Email sent to Nadine Dorries.

Done.

Comment

WOW

Hard to believe this thread was only started one month ago and it's had "Replies: 1,081 & Views: 133,456".

Comment

Just had a reply

...We have received a response regarding your situation from the treasury. The reply is attached. I hope this reply can answer any issues you have.. [Re-sent the original Gauke corrspondance to me]...

Received within 30 minutes - seems like the shutters have come down for me!

Comment

what the F...

Originally posted by Freeboy View Post
            ...We have received a response regarding your situation from the treasury. The reply is attached. I hope this reply can answer any issues you have.. [Re-sent the original Gauke corrspondance to me]...

Received within 30 minutes - seems like the shutters have come down for me!
            Has the original response got to do with yesterdays letter? Send it back and point out that it does NOT answer any of the issues raised. Perhaps they did not actually read the request properly!

Incidently I have also had a reply and have been assured that a letter will be sent on my behalf by the end of the day.
            Last edited by BarneyCool; 20 June 2012, 10:29.

Comment

Originally posted by nevergiveup View Post
              Hard to believe this thread was only started one month ago and it's had "Replies: 1,081 & Views: 133,456".
              I would love to know how that views is divided up into lurkers affected, lurkers unaffected and HMRC.

Lurkers affected - please show yourselves and show solidarity.
              Lurkers unaffected - thanks for taking an interest.
              HMRC - . You have been caught lieing and going down for it.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                There's nothing to stop friends and relatives of those affected writing to their MPs too.

As ASB has shown, there are plenty people out there who aren't affected but feel strongly or are sympathetic about this issue.
                I do feel very strongly. A fundamental principle of natural justice is that there is certainty of action under the law at the time. That doesn't mean one knows at the time whether actions are compliant, but it does mean there should be an inviolate right to be judged under the law as it stood.

Comment

Affected lurker here...

latest email sent to my MP, who I've had a face-to-face with before.

Chased up a mate who is also affected but doesn't check the forum.

Also got a couple of unaffected mates who are supportive to email their MPs too...

Comment

Originally posted by BarneyCool View Post
                    Has the original response got to do with yesterdays letter? Send it back and point out that it does NOT answer any of the issues raised. Perhaps they did not actually read the request properly!

Incidently I have also had a reply and have been assured that a letter will be sent on my behalf by the end of the day.
                    I've politely emailed them back saying exactly that...
                    We'll see what happens...

Comment

Originally posted by Freeboy View Post
                      I've politely emailed them back saying exactly that...
                      We'll see what happens...
                      If its anything like my MP, Ben Wallace, they'll start ignoring you completely but good luck. I still sent the most recent letter about the tabled amendment twice to him.

News in the torygraph about 3 take that 'singers' investing in a 'legal tax avoidance scheme' plus the story the other day about that 'comedian' shows what we are up against though.
                      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                      X