• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taking a contract in Gibraltar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Great advice that is
    I know I won't be able to charge VAT, but on the FRS being able to charge VAT boosts my rate a bit! At the moment it adds about £20 or so to my daily rate!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      Victor Chandler? Its pretty tulip really. There's hardly anywhere to go the place is so small. As regards tax etc, since you will not be outside the UK for the requisite period (which is more than about 275 days continuously) all your income will be treated as earnt in the UK.

Unless there is a DTA in existence and Gib has a lower taxation rate your 6 months income will be taxed the same as if it had been earnt here.
      If you are into sailing or want to try it, I can't think of a better place to be. I did a couple of courses over there several years ago and had a great time. I'd love to go back!

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
        If you are into sailing or want to try it, I can't think of a better place to be. I did a couple of courses over there several years ago and had a great time. I'd love to go back!
        Its all of 3 square miles (and most of that is a bleedin rock) ffs! Hardly enough room to swing a cat imo.

I know a few people that 'love it' over in Gib but they're geriatrics.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
        X