• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parasol up for sale according to Rob Crossland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I think they work on the principle that a professional contractor wouldn't be using an umbrella
    A tad harsh don't you think?
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by simonsjdaccountancy View Post
      To try to get their money back I guess. With the potential liabilities though (there is a £4m contingent liability in their accounts for VAT), the recent £158m loss by Reed over the expenses thing, and AWR I think they may struggle to get a buyer.

They will still be able to get their money back out though as they have a floating charge over the assets of the Company, and I think their loan is due for repayment fairly soon.
      Normally they make a load of cash as well though surely. I suppose Inflexion's view of whether the investment was successful will only be known when they sell. A contingent VAT liability could depress the resale value.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
        This has slowly turned into another LTD v Brollie debate again, can't we all just get along lol. On another note to those of you that do run your own LTD's have you ever had a business partner onboard or do you all work as need I say it one man bands. I got talking to another contractor here and him and his best mate run the company together and split everything equally. He was also telling me when he couldn't make a gig for a couple of days due to illness he sent his business partner in his place fulfilling the substitution clause in the contract.
        Fair comment.

But, if my ltd co goes tits up, that would be my fault and 'my' money. But if a brolly goes tits up, while that would still be 'my' money, it wouldnt be my fault.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by simonsjdaccountancy View Post
          To try to get their money back I guess. With the potential liabilities though (there is a £4m contingent liability in their accounts for VAT), the recent £158m loss by Reed over the expenses thing, and AWR I think they may struggle to get a buyer.

They will still be able to get their money back out though as they have a floating charge over the assets of the Company, and I think their loan is due for repayment fairly soon.
          I wonder if this is a similar bill that JSA was saddled with a few years ago, which led them into administration. I seem to recall that JSA owed HMRC about £10 million and couldn't pay?
          "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
            I wonder if this is a similar bill that JSA was saddled with a few years ago, which led them into administration. I seem to recall that JSA owed HMRC about £10 million and couldn't pay?
            Yep, but at least JSA didn't owe PE people millions on top. No shadow of doubt that Inflexion will want to get their money out, and if they can't find a buyer you have to assume they will call in their debt.
            P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Working...
            X