• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Court of Appeal and beyond

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    The time to have taken out a CTD would have been long before BN66 came along, when HMRC interest rates were averaging around 7.5%. Getting one now is like shutting the stable door after the horse has long since bolted.

HM Revenue & Customs: Interest rate on late payments pre 05/04/09

HMRC charge bank base + 2.5% (currently 3%), and I can't see rates changing much over the next year or so with the economy going down the toilet.
    Bugger, I thought it was 2.5% not 3%

Don't have an offset so can't quite keep up with that

Comment

Originally posted by weetbix View Post
      Hi,
      I recieved a "Self Assessment - Late Payment: Surcharge Notice" letter in the post for my April 2003 tax year claiming 2 lots of a 5% surcharge on I assume the amount I owe.

It says for:

Section 59C(2) unpaid tax
      Section 59C(3) unpaid tax

Anyone else had one of these?.

Not sure who the best person to email this notice at MTM is?,

any help much appreciated

Cheers
      I have sent you a PM.
      So I returned home to find a letter; "Information about our check o your Self Assessment tax return - year ended 5 April 2008" that threatens 5% surcharge if not paid within 28 days of 9th Oct, '11 and another 5% 6 months down the tracks if still unpaid.

A copy has been sent to MP whom I ring on Monday but any advice on this be grateful.

Comment

I understand a letter is going out tomorrow.

I think you will like it.
        Yes, i liked it.

Gittens is now on my xmas card list.

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherLurky View Post
          So I returned home to find a letter; "Information about our check o your Self Assessment tax return - year ended 5 April 2008" that threatens 5% surcharge if not paid within 28 days of 9th Oct, '11 and another 5% 6 months down the tracks if still unpaid.

A copy has been sent to MP whom I ring on Monday but any advice on this be grateful.
          I'm sure MP will sort this out for you.

Comment

And our future prosperity is in his hands

Just listened to Danny Alexanders' speech to the Lib Dem Conference and all I can say is

then

then

I'm just sick of hearing the F word. How dare he lecture people on fairness.

Comment

Originally posted by RingStinger View Post
              Yes, i liked it.

Gittens is now on my xmas card list.
              Could anyone be kind enough to post the letter up or give me the gist of it ? I am out of england and dont have anyone to open my post !

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by GBHuhd View Post
                Could anyone be kind enough to post the letter up or give me the gist of it ? I am out of england and dont have anyone to open my post !

Cheers
                It says that he will underwrite the appeal up to and including the Europe.
                The Cat

Comment

certainly one of the better pieces of mail ive opened recently relating to all of this. Thanks MP for the communication and reassurance, much appreciated.

call me optismistic but i reckon we will eventually win out...

Comment

Originally posted by theywontbreakme View Post
                    Just listened to Danny Alexanders' speech to the Lib Dem Conference and all I can say is

then

then

I'm just sick of hearing the F word. How dare he lecture people on fairness.

Does ANYONE actually think that the super wealthy are actually engaged in any tax evasion?

It seems that the Tory’s are reigning in HMRC recent unreasonable behaviour (as evidenced by the dropping of the “measures” on DTA’s) and HMRC have responded by turning the LibDem’s into their lap dogs.

Sadly the message is, if you want to generate profit, don’t come to the UK.

It’s just so incredibly foolish. They are turning the most successful people (those who provide opportunities for everyone else) into the bad guys. They really need to look in the mirror.
                    There's an elephant wondering around here...

Comment

Just heard from MP that HMRC are reissuing some of the 2007/8 CNs because they cocked them up the first time round. Apparently they forgot to include Class 4 NICs.

If you get a revised CN for a larger amount you know why.

And by the way, don't expect an apology or anything.
                      Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 19 September 2011, 14:12.

Comment

Working...
                      X