• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Court of Appeal and beyond

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bve534 View Post
    I voted no to PR campaign.
    Since everyone and their brother reads this when I set up the PR campaign poll I had to call it that. What I really meant was get in a few low blows before we go down. It is a personal satisfaction thing. These clowns watched as my pension was fraudulently stolen by Equitable Life and now offer me 23% of what they calculate I lost (and they dont even have the balls or courtesy to show how they calculated it), introduced a numpty tax called IR35 to mess with our lives when none of them understood freelancing and finally they lied and cheated their way via Parliament and the judiciary to retrospectively tax us because we are plebs doing what plebs shouldnt. What did Blair say - we wanted to introduce democracy to Iraq!!!!! They deserve at least one kick in the balls for their troubles.[/QUOTE]

Maybe there should be a campaign to introduce democracy to Britain!

Comment

Maybe there should be a campaign to introduce democracy to Britain![/QUOTE]

we have democracy and we have many suggestions but we have no-one who is prepared to take their own suggestions and actually deliver them. Thats why a leader with dictatorial qualities is required. On this forum that person just doesnt exist. Whether someone will pick up the reigns in Tribunals remains to be seen but I doubt it.

Comment

Writing to MPs

Please note that when writing to MPs they will tend not to get involved in individual taxpayers affairs. In all but exceptional cases they will simply forward your letter to HMRC for a response.

HMRC – from all accounts related to me- have an incredibly arrogant attitude to this situation.

If you are writing to your MP it may be better to focus on the policy rather than the individual factors. In other words, you want a resolution from the Minister rather than the mandarin.

An example of this would be to ask why it took so long to do anything about the scheme when HMRC knew all the details even before the scheme was launched.

That sounds like a fantastic claim – have a look at paragraph 143 on the following link:

Isle of Man Judgments Online

This was also reflected on HMRCs own website. (and declared on your tax return etc.) Because you will be questioning policy there will be no point in including your taxpayer reference but it will be worth including the Scheme Reference Number (SRN).

There is value in stating the effect that the government policy will have on you and your family – but make it clear you want a response from the Minister and not HMRC.

Do the Ministers don’t really know what this will do to people, or are HMRC gearing up to efficiently hide the mess?
        There's an elephant wondering around here...

Comment

"Please note that when writing to MPs they will tend not to get involved in individual taxpayers affairs. In all but exceptional cases they will simply forward your letter to HMRC for a response....."

I think MPs are more than willing to get involved in taxpayers affairs when they want more tax from you..

They just don't want to hear back from you when you want to complain about it.
          Last edited by ready_to_leave; 2 March 2012, 19:26.

Comment

PR Campaign

I am surprised that so many people are not voting to stick a tenner into the PR campaign - it is looking to me like so many people are just resolved to their fate - yet in so many cases throughout history - and in all lines of business - you have to fight and fight and fight to get what you want. Giving up when there is so much at stake is crazy. Its nuts. Collectively we have a "voice" - individually we are useless.

I certainly do not intend languishing in apparent defeat, because this matter is far from over. I intend fighting tooth and nail to save my ar*e on this one.

So I have voted Yes.
            Join the campaign at
            http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

I have decided I will contribute to a PR campaign. I dont really believe it will work - but I would like to go with the flow.

Only one stipulation - DR must have the final word on the content.

I have just voted yes - in a poll without an andyw option.

Comment

I once got involved with a local residents association to try to stop a development of flats being built behind our houses.

After hours of cosy meetings over pots of tea in everybody's front rooms, the group could still not reach a consensus on what needed to be done. Everybody had grand ideas, but nobody could agree on what needed to be done. Some were crazy about "green schemes", others thought pandering to politicians would be a good idea.

There was plenty bickering and clashing of egos and nobody could agree with each other. We also faced a hostile press (be warned) who spun news articles against us.

Needless to say the council got their own way. I moved house, but others became victims of their own deliberation.

That is a lesson that the only way forward is to put up a united front.
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                  I once got involved with a local residents association to try to stop a development of flats being built behind our houses.

After hours of cosy meetings over pots of tea in everybody's front rooms, the group could still not reach a consensus on what needed to be done. Everybody had grand ideas, but nobody could agree on what needed to be done. Some were crazy about "green schemes", others thought pandering to politicians would be a good idea.

There was plenty bickering and clashing of egos and nobody could agree with each other. We also faced a hostile press (be warned) who spun news articles against us.

Needless to say the council got their own way. I moved house, but others became victims of their own deliberation.

That is a lesson that the only way forward is to put up a united front.
                  yes - you are completely right - hence someone (DR hopfeully) should have our "full power of attorney" in this matter
                  Join the campaign at
                  http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

I agree our backs are against the wall and some people need to grow a pair and come out fighting. Sitting pontificating over things isnt going to help our cause, HMRC arent going to sit there worrying about us debating, however they will be slightly more concerned about potential fallout of another HMRC smear campaign even if eventually the public dont back our cause, ultimately whats the worst that can happen now? The public might not like what we did but ultimately the big questions right now seems to be about retrospection in general not the justification.

For any matrix fans its time to climb in the APU's "If it's our time to die, it's our time. All I ask is, if we have to give these bastards our lives, we give 'em hell before we do!"

DR or whoever Im with you and lets do this!
                    Last edited by smalldog; 2 March 2012, 22:26.

Comment

What about teams? We split along the lines that will cause least debate. We use the forum for general chat, but we use PMs for the teams. Teams don't tell each other what they are doing, but we can pass it up the line to someone, DR for example if he was willing, for advice and guidance and to keep us moving overall in the one direction. That way we can move various angles of attack forward with less debate, and Hector won't know what we are doing.

Comment

Working...
                      X