• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Court of Appeal and beyond

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
    one word = FEAR! and thats what they are hoping for. The stupid thing is they seem to think sending this out at xmas time is the best strategy, when actually most people have less ability to pay precisely because of xmas and family commitments!!!! idiots.
    Don't credit them with any intelligence!

More likely they wanted to get it out before they went on strike on Wednesday.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
      Don't credit them with any intelligence!

More likely they wanted to get it out before they went on strike on Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by slogger View Post
        mmm - they've obviously not read the art of war :-)
        should always give people a way out else they have to fight to the bitter end ..a lot of people (myself included) got so fed up of this a long time ago we probably would have folded given a good offer from ir (I know - weak of me and letting the aggressor get away with it), as it stands there's no better alternative than fight till we run out of options!
        Yep.

And whilst I would not recommend it for anyone else. If I was in this BN66 thing I would be hiding cash away.

Comment

Originally posted by prozak View Post
          If I was in this BN66 thing I would be hiding cash away.
          We don't discuss it on here as we are all solid upright citizens who would never do such a thing. Nothing atall to do with the threats of jeopardy assessments.

Comment

A couple of thoughts

I received my letter this afternoon. It was dated 28th November. I dug out the previous newsletter and that was dated 5th November 2008.

So I guess we'll get the next edition in November 2014???

In the section titled "Current position" the following caught my attention:

"need to determine the most efficient way of finalising individual cases"
            "discussing with scheme promoters the most efficient way of using the resources of the 1st tier tribunal"

So, they will be seeking cooperation to minimise the burden on them will they? Well good luck with that.

By the way, it was nice of them to include their email addresses. If anyone feels like dropping them a line to say thank you etc. I can thoroughly recommend the following two email services:

https://www.hushmail.com
            https://www.awxcnx.de/mm-anon-email.htm
            Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 1 December 2011, 16:57.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              We don't discuss it on here as we are all solid upright citizens who would never do such a thing. Nothing atall to do with the threats of jeopardy assessments.
              Yep we played by the rules... which were changed retrospectively.... whilst users of other schemes didn't declare them on their tax returns and they seem to have got away with it a truce was declared prospectively.

You want to talk about FAIR ..... I see this as nothing other than a vendetta HMRC have on Mont P. unfortunately we are stuck in the middle.

Bring on the Tax tribunals ...
              MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                I received my letter this afternoon. It was dated 28th November. I dug out the previous newsletter and that was dated 5th November 2008.

So I guess we'll get the next edition in November 2014???

In the section titled "Current position" the following caught my attention:

"discussing with scheme promoters the most efficient way of using the resources of the 1st tier tribunal"

So, they will be seeking cooperation to minimise the burden on them will they? Well good luck with that.

By the way, it was nice of them to include their email addresses. If anyone feels like dropping them a line to say thank you etc. I can thoroughly recommend the following two email services:

Surely the most efficient way is for them to demand 10p / £ of the debt if you pay up immediately.

You would all bight their hands off if that was offered.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Of course. No one would try such a thing!

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb;1438608
                      [I
                      "discussing with scheme promoters the most efficient way of using the resources of the 1st tier tribunal"[/I]
                      It isn't the first time that Brannigan has said he would take something to the tax courts/commissionaires (at they were). He didn't do it last time.

It seems like a complete waste of paper to have sent this one out. He doesn't seem to want people to settle going by what he has said.

The only point of note is that he has actually published the e-mail addresses of the various characters involved. I can't imagine what we wants though.

If they wanted cash they would offer a deal of some kind - at the rate this is going one has to doubt if they will even recoup their costs.
                      There's an elephant wondering around here...

Comment

Working...
                      X