• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC audit going badly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    ooh! me likey. So rotating city/canary is doable then?

What about rotating LTD/brolly/new LTD etc?

nope
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Thinking about it this whole thing is absolute effing bulls$it

We live and work where we live and work - now we have to turn down contracts next door to each other for completely different clientcos so as not to fall into one of their stupid traps..

Has anyone taken this to a tribunal?
      You don't need to turn down contracts next door, just don't claim expenses, which should be not much if you live close, right??

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
        You don't need to turn down contracts next door, just don't claim expenses, which should be not much if you live close, right??
        I live an hour and a half away.. Zone 1-6 Oyster card! That is the only site related expense, I don't claim subsistence.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I live an hour and a half away.. Zone 1-6 Oyster card!
          how can it be next door then when it takes you 1.5 hours to get there !!

I see you comin from watford or Harrow then lol take the train.

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
            how can it be next door then when it takes you 1.5 hours to get there !!

I see you comin from watford or Harrow then lol take the train.
            I mean the 2 clientcos are next door to each other
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              No because it means he is well under the 40% at any location.
              Cool thanks for the clarification.

Comment

I live an hour and a half away.. Zone 1-6 Oyster card! That is the only site related expense, I don't claim subsistence.
                But surely the cost of getting there is pretty low and you will only be losing the tax relief on that.

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
                  But surely the cost of getting there is pretty low and you will only be losing the tax relief on that.
                  About £201.60 a month

How does the 24 month rule affect things like claiming broadband and use of home office? I do a lot of plan B work on the weekends which is run through the LTD..

Comment

About £201.60 a month
                    So the tax relief is £40!! How low is your rate Bob?

Comment

That indicates your travel is not significantly different over a period of greater than 24 months.

If you took a contract in Hertfordshire for a few months or worked a few months at home in between then it would be.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X